X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking about BLACK OUT !

Hi all,

I like the following statement ,

Expect the best,prepare for the worst and capitalize what comes in good .

I am here thinking to know more about and would like to avoid or fight for black out if it would ever come to my life.However I ahere with AL free life.

I know people do forget many things they do while at black out ,they could harm themselves or around others but my questions here are for the worst .

1. Is there any chances that people kill themselves?.
    2. Is there any possibility that people kill others, they abuse/abusing/abused ?.

or they would still remain aware with this things while drinking on black out ??.
    Sharing of any examples/facts about it here would give some strengthes for myself and others to train our mind to avoid it or deal with it to avoid these disasteors.
    For example from myself :: I always remained at work place thinking of losing job while drinking and working on black outs.
    So my logic here is people won't kill others or themselves becoming an alert of long imprisonment.However they would do harm how much they can under this fatal deed. So agree/disagree with this could you furninsh some examples here ??

Many thanks for sharing and information.

Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Oh, I dont know Dix, I had some real WTF moments when I woke up in the mornings after a blackout.

Ill deny it if anyone here ever shares this secret but one time(at band camp) I woke up in my birthday suit, sitting in the backseat of the car in the garage........:H

Once had a dream that I was answering the front door, but in all actuality, I was knocking down a shelf of Precious Moments.......woke up, walked back to bed, and went to sleep.

And yet, I continued to drink...............:H I know right.

I guess what I am saying is almost anything is possible, maybe not murder or injury to others, but AL is indeed a devilish tonic.
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Nelz;1422121 wrote: Oh, I dont know Dix, I had some real WTF moments when I woke up in the mornings after a blackout.

Ill deny it if anyone here ever shares this secret but one time(at band camp) I woke up in my birthday suit, sitting in the backseat of the car in the garage........:H

Once had a dream that I was answering the front door, but in all actuality, I was knocking down a shelf of Precious Moments.......woke up, walked back to bed, and went to sleep.

And yet, I continued to drink...............:H I know right.

I guess what I am saying is almost anything is possible, maybe not murder or injury to others, but AL is indeed a devilish tonic.
      No denying now.....hehehehe
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Seriously Dix, I think a black out is a black out and ANYTHING could happen depending on the situation that arises.

There was an old newspaper discovered by a repair man a few years back. I think it was from the 50's(can't recall now). It sickened me to read on the front page about a man and woman who had gone on a binge, locked their children out and the man for some reason bludgeoned his wife to death. He had stumbled into the police station reporting a murder. When police attended the home, they found empty wine bottles scattered throughout the house. He obviously hadn't remembered what he'd done. Scary, scary, scary...
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

that would be so scary to hurt somebody during a blackout,you couldnt live with yourself! but i hate when criminals blame their crime on being drunk.
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

As far as I'm concerned anything can happen during a blackout, I'm with Nelz many mornings I woke up with WTF going through my mind.
            If your asking are people capable of killing someone or themselves during a blackout ,yes I do.
            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

madmans;1422488 wrote: As far as I'm concerned anything can happen during a blackout, I'm with Nelz many mornings I woke up with WTF going through my mind.
              If your asking are people capable of killing someone or themselves during a blackout ,yes I do.
              Dixon,

I agree with these statements. May I add (they may or may not agree) it's still our responsibility in the first place. Nobody forced me to pick up the first & 13th drink to blackout. It's my responsibility to seek help ~ recovery from my addiction. It's my responsibility for the consequences that came from my continued drinking.

Time takes time. Clearing the wreckage from my past isn't done over night. I didn't drink for just a month if you get my drift here. It's like walking deep into a forest & expecting to get out over night. It doesn't happen that quick, but if you remain in recovery & work at it, it can & does happen. That doesn't always mean it's going to be 100% to our liking, but it will be 100% better than drinking to blackout, or drinking ethanol poison.

Yes, Dixon I could have killed somebody in a blackout, & while driving. Feck by all right I should be in prison with the keys thrown away. I'm damn lucky... blessed.... Still I sometimes want a taste. Hahaha I mean the bottle.... Thankfully, it's not near as bad as it used to be. In fact it's pretty damn good most days! :h

Take good care friend!!!....:l

Comment

I personally think that you are having mental issues to begin with (schizophrenia, psychosis, etc) than it is possible. A lot of the time though when these things happen you are usually on drugs...this is what I have heard. Because in the news you never hear "I blacked out and killed someone while drinking"...at least I haven't ever read anything like that.
                Because when we black out a lot of the time people will say to you "you were fine, you acted normal, just tired"...at least that is what I get.
                It is scary to think that something like that could happen during a black out...but I think there is a lot more to it.
                Of course when you drive while drunk it is a great possibility that you could hurt yourself or someone.
                You could fall asleep with a candle on or the stove on (which I have done before, wow, never again)...
                The possibilities are honestly endless...you could fall down the stairs and crack your head open, accidentally trip into someone and they fall and hurt themselves...
                These things could also happen when NOT drinking...
                But better to be sober.

Comment

Hi Dixon:

Just turn on your Telly and you will sooner rather than later come across a story of some guy who was killed in a bar fight or a 'party' turned deadly....

I can't help but feel disgusted whesome dim witted reporter says some so stupid as ' it's not clear if alcohol was involved...'

OF COURSE IT WAS INVOLVED YOU IDIOT!! - The said reporter, Dix, not you.

:l:h
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I know people do forget many things they do while at black out ,they could harm themselves or around others but my questions here are for the worst .

1. Is there any chances that people kill themselves?.
                    2. Is there any possibility that people kill others, they abuse/abusing/abused ?.
                    Without a doubt, Dixon. Alcohol changes your neurochemistry as it is a poison. All toxic substances can change a person's thoughts and temperament.

If you are wondering if you could have said and done some terrible things while heavily intoxicated and abusing alcohol regularly, the answer is yes. You were poisoning yourself and your brain. I am amazed at some of the things people tell me I have said when I have been very drunk. I don't even think like some of the things I've said. It's not me at all!!!!

Alcohol is bad for us who have continued to abuse it.

Love,

Slay
                    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Wow so many information here!
                      I think it also has a level of senses.
                      I can see people committing suicide and doing murder while drinking..but don't have any idea on black out.
                      Dix
                      A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Working...
                      X