Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY TODAY

Hi All

Happy to be sober today. I have colleagues in town this week who are known to want to hang out and drink, and in the past I would be out there with them. NOT NOW.

It's so much better to be home and safe. One of the guys is a really big drinker, and I don't know how he manages to do his job. We all have complex high tech stuff to deal with and it's hard enough without a foggy brain. The first thing he does when he gets here is load the fridge in his hotel room with beer. He also had an injury and is now awash in pain meds, which he takes all the time.

I am just so glad to NOT be a part of all that anymore. Of course I have no way of knowing if he or anyone else has repercussions from drinking, but I would bet that they do. All I can do is take care of myself and do the best I can.

It never fails when people are here from out of town. They come by my office and say we're all going to wherever tonight, are you coming? I LOVE SAYING NO! I have learned that even if I say OK and plan to only have dinner that I would end up drinking.
    This was before antabuse. No question of drinking now obviously. But still, I would rather come home and save the $$ so I can buy ahouse next year, rather than eating out and watching them drink.

Life is good. Thank you all for being here

HAPPY TODAY

Good for you, Ann! I am still learning to do that and will need to perfect saying no to going out w big drinkers. You're an inspiration!
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

HAPPY TODAY

:l:l:l
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

HAPPY TODAY

Nice post Ann.:goodjob:
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

HAPPY TODAY

What a happy post Ann! It makes me smile to see your strength.

I've got the inevitable holiday parties coming up, one next week. Ho hum. At 9 months AF I feel very strong and don't worry about drinking. But I do know that my coworkers and my husband will most likely be shit-faced by the night's end. How boring and potentially embarrassing. Been there, done that.

Comment

HAPPY TODAY

I to have wondered how some people can function. I think if you already know how to perform your job well before hand, the hippocampus region of the brain remembers.

Your post also has made me smile Ann. Thank you for sharing, as I've had a couple rough days here & there, but have made it thru. I love how we can all lean on each other, we can rotate here for one another. :h

Comment

Working...
            X