Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do you not think about drinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to enter a rehab facility on December 29th. Do you think 1 month is a good amount of time for rehab? I use to smoke and remember the day that I didn't think of having a cigarette. I'm wondering how long it takes for a person to not think of drinking?

I think we will always think about drinking it is up to us not to. 30 days in a rehab program is the right amount of time. I did 30 days and it was the best month I spent in a long time. I met some really great people and counselors and a few not so great. It was a good facility and there was plenty of things to do and group as well as one on one therapy. I am 30 days sober and I think of drinking in moderation, but I know I can't. The L-Glut helps me a lot. I take it 3 times a day before meals. Exercise also helps and a lot of water. I know you will make it because you have taken that ever popular first step in admitting you need the rehab. Stay tuned we are here to help you.
    "Only a fool dances in a burning house"

Comment

You don't just quit drinking, you change a lifestyle. That is an ongoing project.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi
        Welcome back to MWO. Your plan to go to rehab is a very good way to attack this problem. Removed from day to day exposure to drinking and being able to focus on yourself.
        You asked the question about not thinking about drinking. It will be different for each of us based on our history with al. For me it was around the year and a half to second year.
        I thought I would have to white knuckle for the rest of my life. Thanks to the members here I was told it got easier with time. It Did and will for you to. Just like smoking the more clean time the less the urge.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF. 5-16-08
        Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF 5-16-08

Comment

Working...
        X