Hypnosis??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypnosis??

This psychiatrist visited me in hospital after I had been admitted after a binge. He saw my liver and blood results and they were ok, which we all know that not everyone has signs of damage. I could go for weeks without drinking but it is always that first drink that does the damage. I am the sort of person who does not need a lot of alcohol to get drunk, but my drinking is certainly abnormal, I hate the taste, so would drink vodka like it was lemonade on a hot day, I am a falling down drunk, I can't even remember feeling good from the effects, the only feelings I get are guilt, remorse etc. So why do it ? I know a lot of people don't believe int the genetic theory, but my father and his father were alcoholics, so is it nature or nurture ? I don't know.

Comment

Hypnosis??

That nature nurture debate is difficult cos as well as inheriting the genes you also grow in the same environment.

I think you have to look at what the trigger is, particularly if you are not a chronic drinker. Why you chose to use alcohol is probably social convention, your reaction to the alcohol is more genetic BUT why you continue to use alcohol when you know the results are disastrous ALWAYS speaks to deeper issues IMO.

It is finding out what the booze is covering that is the cure

Comment

Working...
      X