Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Tuesday 11th December

Good morning, Army

Going to be hot today (30C plus), with galeforce winds. Not looking forward to it...

On the bright side: only 4 working days to go, and I'll be slacking for 2 of those, if I have my way.

Have a lekker Tuesday, everyone!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

YO!!!!!

Comment

LMFAO!!!!!

OK Tipps... c'mon now! Time to get in the Christmas spirit..... (please don't hurt me!!)

Comment

And Arsey... sorry it's so serious and not Christmassy... but, I reckon this is for thou. Molly will explain it to you if you don't understand the message. It's from AA. And it's actually quite a good message really... :l

Comment

Zenstyle;1425114 wrote: LMFAO!!!!!

OK Tipps... c'mon now! Time to get in the Christmas spirit..... (please don't hurt me!!)

AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Troops.

Early rise this morning. And unlike hot and windy South Africa, it's bleedin frosty, dark and freezin here.

Zenny, I like the ring.:thanks: Yes, the serenity prayer is something I think about - at least in trying to understand its message in my day to day ambling... although sometimes i feel more like this:

Let me see if i can doctor it somewhat... back in a mo

Comment

Morning Arsey
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1425119 wrote:
                *snigger*

Go on Tipps... put it on... it won't hurt you!!!

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1425121 wrote: Morning Arsey
                  Where's my feckin marnin? :H

Comment

RunningCourage;1425120 wrote:
                    Your wee man there is more like me... I don't do serene very well. But I'm glad you know about the prayer... :l

OK enough of this mushy stuff!

Umm.... question for yous lot. Inpatient or outpatient? I'm signing myself in for, um, treatment. Inpatient means being a prisoner. Outpatient is much more flexible. I have the best facilities in the USA on my doorstep and don't need to travel. Outpatient is also cheaper.

Thoughts................

Comment

Zenstyle;1425123 wrote: Where's my feckin marnin? :H
                      You, my dear, should be in bed getting your beauty sleep Not that I'm saying you need beauty sleep, of course.
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1425124 wrote: Your wee man there is more like me... I don't do serene very well. But I'm glad you know about the prayer... :l

OK enough of this mushy stuff!

Umm.... question for yous lot. Inpatient or outpatient? I'm signing myself in for, um, treatment. Inpatient means being a prisoner. Outpatient is much more flexible. I have the best facilities in the USA on my doorstep and don't need to travel. Outpatient is also cheaper.

Thoughts................
                        Treatment for what, though? Litigiousness? Or AL? Or...?
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Going to rehab Tipps. I know! It's a shocker. I'm trying to decide what exactly to do. I have even got sponsorship so it will only cost me half the price, but I'm not sure I can sign up for 28 days in "lockdown". But our Mollers did it and she got a lot out of it. So... really... I don't know. The first thing is I need to take care of Hamish. A Vet is coming on Thursday to give him a cleaning and his nurse is in hospital so I'm filling in for her. Don't ask... long story. Anesthetic et al and I, for my sins, have the training. And I'm going to see a rehab facility tomorrow... and they can take me immediately. Small place, only 28 fuck ups!

Sigh.....

I don't think they will let me have my laptop or phone though. And that is an issue for me. I have a house, bills and pets to take care of and nobody to rely on but moi.

Comment

Zenstyle;1425131 wrote: Going to rehab Tipps. I know! It's a shocker. I'm trying to decide what exactly to do. I have even got sponsorship so it will only cost me half the price, but I'm not sure I can sign up for 28 days in "lockdown". But our Mollers did it and she got a lot out of it. So... really... I don't know. The first thing is I need to take care of Hamish. A Vet is coming on Thursday to give him a cleaning and his nurse is in hospital so I'm filling in for her. Don't ask... long story. Anesthetic et al and I, for my sins, have the training. And I'm going to see a rehab facility tomorrow... and they can take me immediately. Small place, only 28 fuck ups!

Sigh.....

I don't think they will let me have my laptop or phone though. And that is an issue for me. I have a house, bills and pets to take care of and nobody to rely on but moi.
                            Whatever you decide, I hope it helps to get you "sorted".

I'm not going to make a call on whether it's a good idea or not. It's just not for me...

I'm off to a meeting - backinabit.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Tipps Rc and Zen. i love the serenity prayer. They say the Lord's prayer and the serenity prayer at the end of every AA meeting here may be its the same worldwide. Yeah big decesion Zen do you have any one to look after the house and cats if you go to in patient rehab? I guess you have to weigh up all the pros and cons before you come to a decesion. Thats the reason i won't go to inpatient rehab for a month as i don't have anyone to mind the cats that long and my bills house etc. Anyway let us know what you decide. I'm awake early again and i'm not sure i'll get back asleep. Have to go out later this morning. Bill paying and grocery shopping. Have a good tuesday.:catroll:

Comment

Working...
                              X