Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the Prune

Hello everyone,

As I said I am going to share and share ? so I have now added the Prune ? why you ask well that is how I feel ? I have had the life drained out of me, I am tired and lifeless ? but I have good qualities.

So when you see the prune changed to a Plumb then I am back on track ? it is my visual aid. The Prune will represent how I am feeling and slowly but surely I will regain my former plump, juicy self.

Even the meaning of Pruning can be taken into this:

Pruning in landscaping and gardening is the practice of removing diseased, non-productive, or otherwise unwanted portions from a plant. The purpose of pruning is to shape the plant by controling or directing plant growth, to maintain the health of the plant, or to increase the yield or quality of flowers and fruits. Proper pruning is as much a skill as it is an art, since badly pruned plants can become diseased or grow in undesirable ways.

So I am a Prune that needs some Pruning - I will cut away at the bad and the undesirable parts and learn to flourish and grow again ? alcohol stumps growth in unborn fetuses so it has a life of its own and to survive it drains the life out of those who abuse it.

So watch this space ? watch the Prune become a Plumb.
    Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending

Why the Prune

awesome good luck mate
    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Why the Prune

thats great, i look forward to seeing you as a plum! B

Comment

Why the Prune

I love your attitude Kimmy. I really think you're going to soar!

Doo
        :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Why the Prune

Hi Kim, that is just great!

K x

I ate 150g of prunes yesterday so can admit to being a fan of yours already

Comment

Why the Prune

Dear Prune,
            Great analogy.
            Great Attitude.
            You'll be a plump, firm skinned plum in no time!
            Rags.
            PS Want to come and help in my garden?

Comment

Why the Prune

Plumb - Plum

Well guys

When I posted this earlier today, lets say I was less than sober ? so yes my plum was a plumb ? well if this is any thing to go by what do people see when I am drunk ? I don?t just drink I get drunk and I am striving for the 1st day with out ? by the way what does AF stand for?

Hang over has set in and the mind seems a bit clearer.
              Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending

Comment

Why the Prune

Kimmy, it stand for alcohol free (AF) - which a lot of us on this site are attempting to be. The other abbreviation you may see a lot is mods, which is moderation.

Best of luck on your journey - and I love your analogy! :welcome:
                Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Why the Prune

Kimmy, AF refers to alcohol Free (like an AF day)

I highly recommend downloading the pdf book (US$12) and start reading, so you can get started on your journey. The CD's and supps (supplements) do help the process, as others will testify. YOU CAN DO IT!

I'm only on my 3rd day AF, and the first day wasn't that easy, but it wasn't really that hard either. I had my moments, and am pretty sure tomorrow will be even easier. This forum is definitely a big key help for me, and hope it will be for you too. You sound fun (even when you're sober!)

Doo

Comment

Why the Prune

Kate: I also like prunes.....they get such a bad rap

Hang in there Kimmy!
                    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Why the Prune

yup, eating another bag right now as it happens. this week is a bit of a prune week for me, conicidentally. could this be meaningful for you Kimmy? (perhaps not)

Kimmy, most of us here are here because we couldn't just drink, we just got drunk. It is very very hard to stop, cold. That's why this programme is such a blessing - it gives you a whole bunch of tried and tested tools to help. You can pick and choose which ones you like the sound of. Me, I'm doing the lot, but then I am a very literal person.

Doo doo's right - read the book. Then make a plan... meanwhile, everyone is right here.

K x

Doo - you posted your pic on your profile! Ooh! May do the same...

Comment

Why the Prune

Kimmy,
                        See you fit right in already! Doesn't take long...

Comment

Why the Prune

Kate- yes I get it I think - you people make me think. At the moment it?s just that I feel life has eaten me and spate out the pip ? but what is the pip the good part of me or the bad ? that is what I need to find out ? do I replant this pip and grow ? I think YES ? I grow and then prune.

Boy after all this prune stuff ? we are both going to be getting rid of a lot of SHIT.

Comment

Why the Prune

LOL!

Comment

Why the Prune

ROTFL... Kimmy, you are fabulous!

Comment

Working...
                              X