eleven months down the f'n drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went the longest ever without a taste and then I took a trip to Thailand. I managed everything OK but the travel back had so much bullshit I had a few drinks at the airport in Tokyo and I've re-invited the SOB demon back in ever since. The past few days have been immediately back to past levels. Don't let the thoughts in, ignore them at all costs because they will only send you sliding back into the hell you've tried so hard to rise out of. Tomorrow is once again the fucking dreaded day one.
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

we've all been there bud, the important thing is you feel this hate for it and you know it was a blunder, dont let it destroy your will

get up and get right back on, dont judge yourself by the fall but by the 11 months of good clean living

youre a better person

Comment

Wow....11 months....you need to be proud of that and just pick yourself up from the slip and fall you had. Don't let it keep you down. From where I am at only finishing day 6, eleven months seems like a great accomplishment.

Comment

allswell, so very sorry. If it is any comfort at all, at least you have done it once, you know you can and you will again....
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Congrats on 11 months, I am on day 11 and I just recently got my self back up after a trip up, we have all been there and we will be here for you.

FT
          AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
          As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Allswell I'm so sorry mate. I managed just short of 3 years and took a dump. it's not fun at all. hang tight.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

I understand, I understand......
              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm so fucking sick of the up and down and I wanted to communicate to anyone struggling that it's best to get the thoughts out right from the get go. Let it go, it's not worth it anymore.
                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

i hear ya man

today is all that matters, channel the anger into creativity, rebuild your thoughts and replenish your body

get back on top

fuck alcohol before it fucks us

Comment

11 months is nothing to be forgotten about allswell,You know what you have to to do now get yourself back on track and go for it as you know you can do this.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I'm sorry the dragon took you for a ride!!! :-((((( However, it doesn't have to be a long one!!!! You know first hand how good & rewarding sobriety ~ recovery is!!!! )))))) Certainly with your travels, intelligence & long term sobriety you know what needs to happen next.

I have complete confidence that you will regain sobriety!!!... You just believe it too!!!... You don't really need to call it day one, or look at this as a failure. Unless you choose to. Look at it as a small mistake or a blip in the road, an opportunity to grow & learn. Just like many of us have had to do.

Being upset for a short period is normal for many, but then regroup quickly. Ward off guilt & negative emotions, as they may try to get you to poison yourself with ethanol again. It's not starting over, it where you left off before you made one bad choice. Don't let it turn into a run, that ends in a nightmare!!!

Thank you AW for being honest & showing courage!!! Caring so much for others, willing to help!!! By doing so, you may have saved another person a trip back to hell!!!... In the process you will be lifted up & receive rich caring support!!!..... :l

You will regain your sobriety, proper thoughts about this. :h

Comment

Hi, Allswell.

Eleven months is HUGE!!! Give yourself tons of credit for that! And you came right back, told the truth and you know what you have to do. That, too, is huge!

Stick here with us. I usually post on the Monthly Abs thread. . .where I have come back a few times

:lTDN
                        "One day at a time."

Comment

Oh Allswell, I am so sorry to hear your struggle. The good news is that you are not wallowing, you are back in the never-ending battle. You were strong before and you are now. We are all right there beside you.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Allswell, you have done a remarkable job with your 11 months AF. Now you can see the positive as look how well I've done and I just gave in for a little bit and move right on forward with your AF stint, or you can choose to think negatively and give yourself multiple lashings and take all the positive out of what was so good. Here are some uplifting thoughts for you. Choose a couple to hold onto to and just move right on forward.

These quotes are as much for me as for everyone else today. Choose one or two to carry with you today.

The difference between can and cannot are only three letters. Three letters that determine your life's direction.

Being positive or negative are habits of thoughts that have a very strong influence on life.

Positive and negative are directions. Which direction do you choose?

When you say, "I can't" and expect the worst, you become weak and unhappy.

When you say "I can", and expect success, you fill yourself with confidence and happiness.

Being resolute, decisive and courageous in small matters and in big ones is being positive.

You can close the windows and darken your room, and you can open the windows and let light in. It is a matter of choice. Your mind is your room. Do you darken it or do you fill it with light?

Positive thinking and negative thinking are attitudes. They are points of view, and show the way people handle their affairs.

Suppose you stand at a crossroads, one way leads to a desert and the other one to lush meadows, which way do you choose?

Do not let circumstances influence your thoughts and moods. By rising over them mentally, you will eventually rise over them materially.

Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities.

Positive thinking evokes more energy, more initiative and more happiness.

When you have control over your thoughts, you have control over your life.

When there are difficulties and you feel down, this is the time to visualize, think and expect the positive.

Love,

Slay
                            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Hi Alls -

I believe in you. Those 11 months are NOT down the drain, I am sure you learned some very valuable lessons. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get going again...you can do this...I KNOW IT!

Love,

K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X