I need to be strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to be strong

:new: Hi everyone this my first day here.
    Years of Heavy drinking for No apparent reason has brought me here.It has now become very degrading and embarrasing and I know that I am losing the the respect from my wife and sons who mean the world to me. This may be a tough road to take but it will be worth the journey to get my self respect back, any words of help will be very much appreciated though.
    Two days of Heavy drinking have left me at a very low ebb today (struggling).

I need to be strong

Hello Peatrie and :welcome:

you are in good company. many of us here have worn your shoes.

read as much as you can on this site and down load or order the book. it is a bit confusing at first but will soon become clear. ask whatever you like of the good people here - many hands will extend to help you on the road to recovery.

good luck, Kate

Comment

I need to be strong

Welcome aboard. You'll get loads of encouragement around here, believe me. The very fact that you realize that you have a problem and you are hurting and hurting your loved ones is one step forward.

Have you been able to get hold of Roberta's book yet? Not a difficult reader, but very helpful.

Welcome again
      Paddy
      Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

I need to be strong

Welcome Peatrie! Get through today and you will feel better tomorrow. I think we all know those days of self-loathing. Like Kate said, read the book, try the program. It really works if you are ready to make a change. My best to you!!!:welcome:
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I need to be strong

kate7173;106308 wrote: Hello Peatrie and :welcome:

you are in good company. many of us here have worn your shoes.

read as much as you can on this site and down load or order the book. it is a bit confusing at first but will soon become clear. ask whatever you like of the good people here - many hands will extend to help you on the road to recovery.

good luck, Kate
          Thank You.

Comment

I need to be strong

Paddy;106318 wrote: Welcome aboard. You'll get loads of encouragement around here, believe me. The very fact that you realize that you have a problem and you are hurting and hurting your loved ones is one step forward.

Have you been able to get hold of Roberta's book yet? Not a difficult reader, but very helpful.

Welcome again
            Thank You

Comment

I need to be strong

lush;106320 wrote: Welcome Peatrie! Get through today and you will feel better tomorrow. I think we all know those days of self-loathing. Like Kate said, read the book, try the program. It really works if you are ready to make a change. My best to you!!!:welcome:
              Thank You

Comment

I need to be strong

Hi Peatrie~

Glad you found us!

Every step forward, no matter how small is an accomplishment unto itself. Stay focused and hang in there-we're always here.
                :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

I need to be strong

You can do this. You just gotta want it.
                  Gabby :flower:

Comment

I need to be strong

Welcome.

Yep, I go with Gabby.
                    Gabby is a clever penguin.
                    And 7173, and Lush,Seabreeze et al.
                    So, no need for me to suggest anything. Gee, that's got to be a first!
                    Peatrie, find your lighter side, and carry it through this with you. It will be of immense help.
                    Drat!
                    I gave advice!
                    Raggs

Comment

I need to be strong

Hi Peatrie - I have only been on this site since the 13th which was Tuesday Monday night was a big one for me I don?t even know how I got home - Tuesday night I went out again and had a few wines - and again on Wednesday I was feeling IT because I never really sobered up from Monday night - TODAY I am 1 day AF and it is because of these people, I have not got the book as yet but I am planning to do so as soon as the end of the month comes along - but until then every time I feel like drinking I log on - why because these people stand by you and I do believe that the book and all the supplements are going to do everything they say ? but right now it is them that have go me to TODAY.

So again WELCOME ? read and post read and post ? get it all out.
                      Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending

Comment

I need to be strong

Hello Peatrie,
                        I'm glad you found us.
                        Welcome.

Comment

I need to be strong

Hi Kimmy

Kimmy;106607 wrote: Hi Peatrie - I have only been on this site since the 13th which was Tuesday Monday night was a big one for me I don?t even know how I got home - Tuesday night I went out again and had a few wines - and again on Wednesday I was feeling IT because I never really sobered up from Monday night - TODAY I am 1 day AF and it is because of these people, I have not got the book as yet but I am planning to do so as soon as the end of the month comes along - but until then every time I feel like drinking I log on - why because these people stand by you and I do believe that the book and all the supplements are going to do everything they say ? but right now it is them that have go me to TODAY.

So again WELCOME ? read and post read and post ? get it all out.
                          Thank you : I know and appreciate how hard this whole thing is, which is why talking is so important. You know if you were to meet me you would see a different Guy to the one I see when I look in the mirror.Other people my family those clsest to me now begin to see that person and I know that somewhere deep inside I am a lot Stronger than that and so are you.It takes courage so be strong, I am stronger today so lean on me.
                          Take Care there are people who care.

Comment

I need to be strong

Thank You

Popeye;106615 wrote: Hello Peatrie,
                            I'm glad you found us.
                            Welcome.
                            I,m glad I found you Guys too.
                            I am feeling stronger today but it,s good to know that you're there.

Comment

I need to be strong

Thank You

Rags;106509 wrote: Welcome.

Yep, I go with Gabby.
                              Gabby is a clever penguin.
                              And 7173, and Lush,Seabreeze et al.
                              So, no need for me to suggest anything. Gee, that's got to be a first!
                              Peatrie, find your lighter side, and carry it through this with you. It will be of immense help.
                              Drat!
                              I gave advice!
                              Raggs
                              I appreciate you Guys being here, it helps a lot, I feel stronger today.

Comment

Working...
                              X