Hot News....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot News....

Hi dixon good to see you getting back up of the floor and starting again ,the immediate object of our goal is sobriety, free from alcohol and all its terrible consequences without this freedom we have nothing at all,

But at the same time we can achieve no liberation from alcohol obsession until we become willing to deal with those character flaws which landed us into that condition in the first place,

In this freedom quest we have a few choices,

A rebellious refusal to work upon our glaring defects can be an almost certain ticket to destruction or perhaps we can, for a time stay sober with a minimum of self improvement and settle ourselves into a comfortable but often dangerous mediocrity,

Or we can like a lot of long term abstainers here continuously try hard for those sterling qualities that can add up to a much more fulfilling & happy life,

Time to move on forward Dixon.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hot News....

whoa. that is a great post mario. gonna copy and paste that one...

Comment

Hot News....

hi all,
        just here to say I am back to my sober life and doing well.
        Will come back again.
        Dix
        A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Hot News....

mario;1427437 wrote: Hi dixon good to see you getting back up of the floor and starting again ,the immediate object of our goal is sobriety, free from alcohol and all its terrible consequences without this freedom we have nothing at all,

But at the same time we can achieve no liberation from alcohol obsession until we become willing to deal with those character flaws which landed us into that condition in the first place,

A rebellious refusal to work upon our glaring defects can be an almost certain ticket to destruction or perhaps we can, for a time stay sober with a minimum of self improvement and settle ourselves into a comfortable but often dangerous mediocrity,

Or we can like a lot of long term abstainers here continuously try hard for those sterling qualities that can add up to a much more fulfilling & happy life,

:h
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Hot News....

Thinking of Sterling life ...I am sure I will do.
            No al craving though I relapsed badly!!
            Just thinking again for good health.
            Dix

Comment

Hot News....

mario;1427437 wrote: Hi dixon good to see you getting back up of the floor and starting again ,the immediate object of our goal is sobriety, free from alcohol and all its terrible consequences without this freedom we have nothing at all,

Mario for prez
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hot News....

Sorry to hear of your relaspe Dixon and so glad to hear that you jumped right back on. Just know how you relapse and make sure that you don't do it here. Next time you or anyone want to drink try the three post rule (they do it at quitnet) and that helps. It has helped me in the past and I am sure it will help others.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hot News....

hi drifty,whats the 3 post rule?
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hot News....

Relapse can cause craving for a long...
                    No more relapse is realised.
                    Dix

Comment

Hot News....

It really took a week to come to normal routine of works...so many established plans were disrupted.
                      An event paid back too much,however I am now back to normal.
                      Dix e

Comment

Hot News....

Hi Dixon good to see that your back AF
                        The one thing at the front of my mind is knowing all the craving will return if I have a drink and I couldn't be sure if I could fight them off.
                        I hope you take this as a lesson learned that you're Can never go back, there should be no more ifs or maybes. For me accepting this made it easier, the choice was simple.
                        Stay strong during the holidays and after them don't get fooled into thinking your home and dry, I relapsed one year thinking that. MM
                        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Working...
                        X