Antabuse tips/suggestions/side effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:new:Hi. I am on day 2 of AF with the help of a prescription to Antabuse. My addiction is more mental/emotional than it is physical. But the same old story of progression through the years, nightly black outs now, etc.

I would like to talk with people who are going through the same things and be able to communicate when I feel victorious and also when I need a lift up.

Is there anyone who is taking AB currently? How are you doing?

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Hi Overit and welcome to MWO !

I took Antabuse for a while many years ago, and did not notice any bad effects from it...for a while I thought it was causing my eyes to be too sensitive for my hard contact lenses, so of course, I quit taking it (and continued on my merry drinking career!) but in retrospect I think my dry eyes were due to aging...sigh.

Many MWO members DO use it regularly, so I am sure someone will be along shortly to comment on your post. If not, you might consider posting also in the meds section.

This website has helped me immensely...I read Roberta Jewell's book, which can be downloaded here, did the program pretty much as she outlined it, (except the magnesium)', still take the All One, use the hypnosis CDs to help reprogram my brain, and also used the many ideas from the Toolbox thread in the Abstainers section.

good luck on your journey...the freedom is WONDERFUL!...and, welcome again. Farfalla
    . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Working...
    X