Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BACK FROM WORK TRIP

Hey All

I made it throught he week, working with a guy who drank a LOT of beer every night. It was interesting watching him have beer after beer after beer and not seeming drunk, and never being late to get into the hospital where we were working. And as I've said-it's a highly complex technical job and he does it very well.

So my hat is off to those who can handle it, though I am certainly not one of those people.

All is well now that I am back at home safe and sound

BACK FROM WORK TRIP

I'm so glad you are back with your quit! Well done!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

BACK FROM WORK TRIP

hey ann,glad your trip went good
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

BACK FROM WORK TRIP

So my hat is off to those who can handle it,

We could all handle it at one time, it catches up slowly but surely.
        Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

BACK FROM WORK TRIP

Welcome back Ann!

Comment

BACK FROM WORK TRIP

Hey 199

Not me=I never could handle it. From the first sip at 17 I was wrecked. There may have been a delusional time when I tried to pretend I could handle it, but alas not true

Comment

BACK FROM WORK TRIP

One other thing

Thursday night I called my sister from my hotel and she was drunk on wine as is common. Some nights she is worse than others but I am pretty sure she drinks every night.
              Once you get some distance from it, it just seems so sad. And cringe-worthy to think of all the times you yourself was a complete idiot either at home alone or out with people.
              GEE I wish I had not done that, but you cannot change the past.
              My daughter sent me a text last night saying that if she didn;t have me she thought she'd go crazy. I have to take care of myself for her. And for me too but you get my meaning.

Comment

BACK FROM WORK TRIP

Well done Ann!
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

BACK FROM WORK TRIP

Well done Ann
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

BACK FROM WORK TRIP

I am happy for you.... A big milestone IMO :goodjob:

Comment

BACK FROM WORK TRIP

:goodjob: Ann!!! Am going to see my sister later on today--firts time since Easter--and spending the night at her house. Am sure she and the nanny will be drinking their nightly wine, as we all used to do when I stayed there. Am focused on staying strong. Your story helps my determination, so thanks

TDN
                      "One day at a time."

Comment

BACK FROM WORK TRIP

I almost bet the co-worker goes through the same things that we do. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. The term 'master of disguise" comes to mind. Some are just better at it than others.

Comment

BACK FROM WORK TRIP

My ex drinks heavily, but is one of those people who don't suffer from hangovers. They do exist. Unfortunately, sometimes it keeps people like that from ever quitting.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                          Sylvia Plath

Comment

BACK FROM WORK TRIP

Welcome back, Ann. I'm glad you're home safe and happy. Well done, my friend, well done.
                            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Working...
                            X