Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What defines us..

Alcoholism, Hypoglycemia & Diet
    Estimated that 50% of people in most western countries suffer from hypoglycemia or low blood sugar, where people have easy access to refined cane sugar (sucrose)
    Refined cane sugar upset the blood sugar and this in turn can upset the entire endocrine system. When your blood sugar is low you will crave sugar to bring it back up again and some people will find this craving translated in a desire for alcohol
    According to Barbara Reed Stitt, Researchers, Poulos, Stoddard and Carron found that 97% of alcoholics they tested where hypoglycemic as opposed to only 18% in control group. Many other clinical studies have found similar results.

So what came first, the chicken or the egg? Does alcohol cause hypoglycemia or does hypoglycemia cause the alcohol craving.

It appears from further research that people who craved sweets and had access to refined sugar on a daily basis as children are for more likely to suffer from hypoglycemia and have a tendency to towards alcoholism.

Hypoglycemia also contributes to bad behavior in that increased aggression can result. In hypoglycemia the higher less primitive area of the brain cannot work efficiently as the brain requires sufficient glucose to work properly. When these "socially responsible" areas of the brain shut down because of lack of energy, aberrant behavior results.
    This would explain the violent behavior that results when some people consume alcohol or even just refined sugar.

Carry Bekker the programme director at Stepping Stones (a recovery programme for drug abuse) says "If alcohol were discovered today, it would be the foremost banned substance. Alcohol damages more parts of the body than any other drug"

She goes on to say that "What you drink, when you drink and how often you drink don?t define a tendency to addiction, it?s what happens to you when you drink. If alcohol changes your life in some way, and you continue to drink in spite of negative consequences- that?s the definer." "Alcohol dependence and addiction are diseases of denial, in which you truly believe you are in control. But other people see the consequences. Listen to them":wow:

It is essential that you follow a healthy diet and include plenty of fresh fruit in your diet. Fruit it is God designed sweets and helps to regulate blood sugar correctly and supply the right kind of glucose without any detrimental side effects.

I thought I would keep my mouth shut for awhile and just read - I now need to watch my children always believed in lots of fruit, If Alcoholism is hereditary then I need to brake the chain now. My children are to important to me..
    Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending

What defines us..

Cool, interesting stuff, thanks for that!
    So true and inspiring....
    Now, I must just think what I can do differently, I guess the answer is staring right at me hey.
    Mel:upset:

Comment

Working...
    X