Tapering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tapering

Anybody have any advice to make the tapering process easier. I know it's tough but any tricks or foods or meds that help? Thanks

Tapering

Good luck, I personally could not taper. You can get advice from the toolbox, keep well hydrated and eat regular meals. You could get advice about tapering off the net. Sorry I'm not more informed.

Comment

Tapering

My husband helped me by giving me less and less, diluting the wine with water. I drank only enough to keep the shakes at bay. I ate a lot of soup and drank a lot of water and energy drinks to boost my electrolytes. I drank at home so I stayed away from the kitchen at mealtimes because I drank while I cooked. My husband also got rid of all the alcohol in the house and I started on Antabuse so I absolutely cannot drink.
      Keep posting!
      :notes:
      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Tapering

when i did my taper,i started kudzu right away it helps with nausea and dizzyiness,actually its an ingrediant in those no hangover shots they sell,anyways,make sure less and less alc,you dont wanna just end up drunk again,avoid caffiene,o.j is good,amino acids again tons of water,good luck
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Tapering

Hi iknowicandoit and welcome to MWO,
          One danger of using alcohol to titrate down is that it is harder to stop at the daily limit if you are used to serial and serious drinking also mild or moderate withdrawal can be dangerous for people with high blood pressure or bad hearts so with that in mind you could and I say could try this...

Beer is the best form of alcohol to use when tapering off. If you attempt to taper off using wine or hard liquor you might just wind up getting drunk again because these have higher alcohol content than beer. Try to limit yourself to drinking no more alcohol than necessary when you start tapering. Drink just enough to keep the sweats and shakes at bay. Gradually reduce the consumption of beer as you continue to taper. If the withdrawal is not too extreme you should be tapered off in a day or so. Some people may, however take longer--three days or even a week. If you start to feel withdrawal that is a sign that your taper is not done yet.

It is also very important when tapering off to fight dehydration and to replenish lost vitamins. If you go through a medical detox the people they may rehydrate you with an IV and may also give you vitamin shots. If you are doing a self detox be sure to drink lots and lots of fluids, hope this helps.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Tapering

ditto Mario. it's NOT easy but doable. I've done it several times and it's sucks but whats on the other side is well worth it. fight!

if it gets too bad get to a doctor and get some valium or librium. it can save you from going into seizures if things get really bad.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
            X