Christmas and the bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas and the bottle

IMO These days are clearly not ?Just another day?. Look at how the rest of the world behaves. They certainly don?t view Xmas as just another day. It is very special indeed. So where does that leave you?

If you are trying to cut down or stop drinking altogether here are some tips that could help.
    1.Tell people, especially friends and relations that you will be with at this time. They can support you and provide a barrier to drinking.
    2.If you are at a party drink plenty of non-alcoholic drinks. If you drink a lot then you feel full and it reduces the craving.
    3.If you are at a party keep a full glass of non-alcoholic drink in your hand to discourage that people from offering you a drink.
    4.If you are at a party stay away from the kitchen (or wherever the bar is). If you stay in the main party there will be fewer people drinking heavily.
    5.Prepare an excuse of why you are not drinking (or are drinking less). The more you practice this excuse the easier you will find to say it at the party.
    6.If the party is proving too much, make an excuse and leave early.
    7.If you do relapse, get back on the wagon immediately and call on your support to help you.

Have a happy, peaceful and sober christmas

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Christmas and the bottle

Ishy bit we do all care, I know those waves, they are crap, let's all ride them together and have a good unsmashed! Christmas xx
      AF since 2nd Oct 2012
      Day by day

Comment

Working...
      X