Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My MYO experience

I've updated this

I am sorry about the way I phrased things in the origional thread and feel I was unnappreciative of all of the kindness shown here. What I realized is that there are situations where counsling is a better and more appropriate choice than what an online forum can do. You all have done and given very much and I think that is why I though stepping out for a month I would be in a better place to contribute more to you all. You all have been fantastic, talk soon.

My MYO experience

Sorry you feel that way Raven. I try very hard to check in and keep track of everyone but as you can imagine, that would basically be a full time job. I never let go of anyone, I hope you don't feel that way. Good luck with your endeavors and I hope to see you back soon.
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

My MYO experience

G'day Raven,

I suppose for me, life can sometimes get super busy and i can easily get probably too absorbed in other stuff. Glad you are returning mid january. Stick around friend, and i will say this. Personally, even though i might not be here as often as i have been in the past, i want nothing but peace, healing and committed sobriety for you, and everyone here. I am still working on being more reliable and consistent to friends and family here and elsewhere. My apologies if you feel let down. Don't let that derail your precious sobriety. And committed sobriety is something we must find from within ourselves, for within is where we find the answers, and the treasure.

Merry christmas, and wishing you a safe, sober, and magical new year.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

My MYO experience

Please do come back Raven. I felt left out in the beginning and then I read a post that helped. I can't remember who said it but sometimes posts get lost in the sheer volume of daily posting. Also just jump in, even if you feel shy, introduce yourself, post a lot and keep posting.

By the way, Guitarista, I loved your sign off. I'm going to borrow it because it's nice.

Merry Christmas, and wishing you a safe, sober and magical new year! ( it was the magical part that I really liked)
        Sleep well all.
        ~nurdl
        :notes:
        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

My MYO experience

Raven - I agree with K9 - I am sorry you feel that way. When you come back, please check in with me and let me know how you are doing, okay? I hope all is well with you and that whatever your other obligations are, they don't get you spiraling down again. keep taking the kudzu - Yes ???

hugs to you, sun XX
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

My MYO experience

Raven make sure you come back but as K9 simply put it, its very hard to keep track of everyone, I do hope you have a good christmas and new year and we will talk then, don't quit quitting.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

My MYO experience

I think you are an amazing group of people. No need for apologies to anyone. Everyone has a life offline:-) We are all responsible for our own emotions. I want to thank you all so so much. I don't post much and feel a little guilty for taking (reading every day) and not supporting others. Thank you all for my Christmas gift, almost 8 Weeks no Alcohol! Now, the test, have been given a fine French champagne for xmas, help!!! Enjoy a peaceful and loving Christmas.

Comment

My MYO experience

Shezzie....8 weeks well done..as for the wine...well is it worth 8 weeks?have a great Chrimbo
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

My MYO experience

Mick, NO! Thanks for posing the question. Of course not. Silly me, almost forgot, I have tried drinking with Moderation. Unfortunately, he usually checks out early, and I blackout later...nonono done with it. Thanks again.

Comment

My MYO experience

Raven,

I understand how you feel. I've felt the same way, gone AWOL, but came back and decided I'd make my home on one thread. I did, and I feel very much a part of things now.

My apologies for not responding to you posts. I would often see your name, know you had something good to say, but didn't read or reply. We could all spend 8 hours a day on here if we were to keep up with everyone, but who has that amount of time? Please don't feel slighted.

Shezzie,

No problem. Keep on keeping on.
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

My MYO experience

Raven, I am also sorry you feel this way....but remember, this isn't anyone's full time job...we are all just people trying to make our own way. Over the years, we've had some criticisms about things, and my response is this: if you want it to be a better place you have to MAKE it a better place. So if you feel like you weren't given enough attention, maybe you can channel that to a new person who might feel the same way. I don't know about everyone else, but I try to only comment on things to which I can identify...and that doesn't include everyone.....If I don't have something to offer, I don't comment...I think many are like this. But to your point, if you feel that more attention needs to be paid to folks, be one of the ones who does it! That's what I do! I like to be part of the solution, not part of the problem. Happy New Year to you! XXOO, Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

My MYO experience

I am sorry about the way I phrased things in this thread and feel I was unnappreciative of all of the kindness shown here. What I realized is that there are situations where counsling is a better and more appropriate choice than what an online forum can do. You all have done and given very much and I think that is why I though stepping out for a month I would be in a better place to contribute more to you all. You all have been fantastic, talk soon.

Comment

My MYO experience

Raven2012;1432442 wrote: I am sorry about the way I phrased things in this thread and feel I was appreciative of all of the kindness shown here. What I realized is that there are situations where counselling is a better and more appropriate choice than what an online forum can do. You all have done and given very much and I think that is why I though stepping out for a month I would be in a better place to contribute more to you all. You all have been fantastic, talk soon.
                          See you when you get back Raven,its good to get professional help in this fight I did and it helped me no end,good luck and see & talk soon.

cheeses thought i saw a post here by raven :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

My MYO experience

BTW,

It is MWO and not MYO.

Comment

My MYO experience

Raven2012;1431323 wrote: I've updated this

I am sorry about the way I phrased things in the origional thread and feel I was unnappreciative of all of the kindness shown here. What I realized is that there are situations where counsling is a better and more appropriate choice than what an online forum can do. You all have done and given very much and I think that is why I though stepping out for a month I would be in a better place to contribute more to you all. You all have been fantastic, talk soon.
                              Hello Again Raven. I don't know if you'll read this, but I want you to know there have been plenty of people including myself at times that have felt this way. It's very common as we come here so weak trying to beat this monster and with other issues that have given this monster a grip on us. Our emotional state can be so fragile and easily hurt. You aren't alone in that feeling...maybe we are looking for love, acceptance or someone to truly care about our pain and when we feel we don't get that, it hurts more. Know that it is not intentional though. Byrdie has it right in her last post. Some folks may relate more with one another than others, but if you jump in and keep posting and give, too, usually you'll get something back. It doesn't always come when you need it and sometimes does, but it's the pain inside of you doing the talking. I've heard that voice myself especially in times of deep personal pain or during detoxing from AL, brain adaptation moments, and mental battles with AL. Trust me, you aren't alone. It just feels that way at times. I'm not sure where you are in you AF journey.

I did leave you another post on the Medication boards. It's so hard to respond and offer a hand to everyone. I would love, too, but it can overwhelm my path to sobriety if I try too hard.

BIG :l and :h to you!

Love,

Slay

P.S. - Don't worry about the post. It happens here. Many of us understand it.
                              Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Working...
                              X