X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverberation

Merry Christmas our other RC xxx

Massive hugs to you on this special day xxx
    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Reverberation

Hey Molls, I'm ok. Sent my texts to my kids. No replies. Had my cry and moved on. I did do a little medicating last night to take the edge off but as I've stated I'm never going back into the black hole again.

Thanks again everyone for the love and wishes. xo
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Reverberation

Merry Christmas RC ......sorry you are low, but hey remember that millions will feel low tomorrow and for days to come due to the amount of alcohol they have consumed.

For me Christmas is just an expensive retail hype that is to be endured. Whilst not religious i think it is sad that its purpose has been lost.

Try not to medicate it RC, it is all about mindset, nothing has really changed, it is just the 25th and 26th of a month.

We all love you and remember that you choose your friends not your family :h

Comment

Reverberation

Thanks Kuya. I've begun looking into the etymology of words and practices. Christmas is just one more way the world has been duped. Christmas was actually a pagan celebration involving gluttony, human sacrifice and cannibalism!
          The True Origin of Christmas
          Roger on the medicating friend. :h

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

Reverberation

OMNFG, RC my daughter (13 yo) nearly got strung up when she pointed this out at school. Jesus, we believe, was born sometime Feb - April. As you say Christmas was a pagan celebration to get people over the dark days of winter and was adopted by the early Christians to try and get pagans on board.

I believe that Jesus existed and think it a shame that for believers the significance has been polluted ...... Very sad.
            I am an atheist but these rituals matter to many. For me it would be the equivalent of turning the death of, say, Einstein into a commercial retail hype with associated drug binge. Yeuk!

Anyway....you keep your head up, meditate on the beauty of nature and the fact you have as much right to be here as any being on the planet alive or not.

:l:l

Comment

Reverberation

Hey Kuya, please encourage your daughter to keep seeking. The truth is out there, just buried cleverly or sometimes even burned!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Reverberation

I believe spending time in nature is definitely key Hippyman, but I can't put my head in the sand to all the bad. I think we need to get to the root of it, expose it and trim it, if not for ourselves, for the children.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Reverberation

Hippyman;1432558 wrote: I am seeking the truth that is within me. No more being preached at for me. Spending time in nature and learning to look at the good and pay very little attention to the bad is making me feel closer to God!
                  The truth within you is the only truth there is. I am with you!

Comment

Reverberation

Awww...I wasn't around to see it Cedars. Let me be the first to say have a Happy New Year. One of renewal and peace of mind.

Love,

Slay

Edit: Ok, well WF beat me to it. Do I get an A for effort? Hope you are feeling better today. HUGS!
                    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Reverberation

Feeling fairly blue today myself, and it's not due to al, just all sorts of things inside me.

I need to spend more time in nature, I know that, and need to take time to do it.

Hugs to each and everyone of you.:l:l:l:l:l
                      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Reverberation

Thank you Slay....wishes right back at you!

Juja glad the blues aren't due to al but sorry you're having some. I too need to spend more outdoors time on this beautiful earth. It's just so frickin cold in the winter! Next sunny day I'm doing it! How 'bout you??:l

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Reverberation

Juja, it's so common for people to feel the blues after Christmas for several reasons. Here's a :l and some of this :h. Let down, things we're exposed to emotionally this time of year, and too much stress.

Love,

Slay
                          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Reverberation

Thanks, RC and Slay.

The cold doesn't bother me when I'm outside. I like fresh, cold air. If work is canceled tomorrow due to the wintry mix we've had, I'm booting up and going outside. I promise myself, and you, that I will.

And, yes, maybe I'm exhausted from the holidaze.
                            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Reverberation

Juja;1432586 wrote: Feeling fairly blue today myself, and it's not due to al, just all sorts of things inside me.

I need to spend more time in nature, I know that, and need to take time to do it.

Hugs to each and everyone of you.:l:l:l:l:l
                              Juja this is just my opinion, but I think as we work toward sobriety we start really feeling emotions that we're used to anesthetizing and numbing. I have had waves of depression off and on since quitting and finally now, just past the 10 month mark, am really feeling joy. I think we all need time to process and get used to the way emotions work through our bodies drug free.

Comment

Working...
                              X