Thinking of going AF in January...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, thinking about it...my state of mind right now makes me think it won't be very hard to do...yeah, right. Anyway, still deciding.

Hi Dove!

I thought about it long and hard too (many times) before I actually did it. What made me FINALLY say "this is it"??? Eh, not one thing in particular. It was more a culmination of many years worth of embarrassment, shame, anxiety, guilt, depression, sickness, mysterious bruises, blackouts, loss of friendships, DUI's...well, you get the picture. Whenever you are ready to start, I'm here to help! You can do this. Good luck!

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Count me in... I just love getting up each morning and feeling good.
      AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
      As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

COOL DOVE!

Great idea! I intent to make 2013 the first ever entire year of sobriety that I've had since I was 17!
        Come on along! I haven't been drinking for a while and I want to 2013 to be ALL CLEAR

Stay strong and hang out here. We can do this together

Comment

Why not??? You have everything to gain & nothing to lose!!! Go for it, make it happen! xx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

I'm in...big time!
            Edit: I am in for idea of going AF January.

Comment

Dove, don't think about it. . .just do it! So worth it.
              "One day at a time."

Comment

I'm gonna do it too - I'm on for a great start to 2013.....and practicing now as well!
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

That's a good goal. I'm afraid to pick a day but have been tapering slowly for one week and feel good about it. I also just figured out this forum is kind of like AA but you don't have to leave the house.

Comment

I don't believe in picking a day, I just woke up one day and told myself "that's it" today is the day that I make a change. Has it been easy "no" but I refuse to give up and decided to press forward.
                    Love the support on this site, it has made the difference for me so onward for 2013.
                    F.T.
                    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

It's not easy I know that. just poured a drink then poured it down the sink. felt really good to do that. I don't know why but it did.

Comment

Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Wipe the slate clean with the new year, save some money, look and feel better than you probably have in a while, and flush the embarrassment.......seems like a good choice to me :H

Wishing you the strength needed to make 13 AF
                        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

iknowicandoit;1433062 wrote: It's not easy I know that. just poured a drink then poured it down the sink. felt really good to do that. I don't know why but it did.
                          High Five!!! Moment by moment....Be Proud!:goodjob:
                          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Hello Dove... I think you may have started a damn good thread - the ALL CLEAR Thread for 2013. Reckon we should start one called just that - inspired by AnnCarolina of course.

I'm in. It's scary. 3 weeks into this quit, so I have a wee run at it... but it's still daunting...

Comment

You can do it, Dove.. One month is only 31 days. I just went a little ballistic and joined the 2013 sober challenge started by Ann Carolina. This is another great place to post and chat for the first month of OUR sobriety. Many failures under my belt but Always the optimist !! Hope to see you here on January 1st. xox
                              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                              X