Positive Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positive Again

I woke up positive again but worried about a big event I have to do tonight. If I could I would cancel. Really stupid to worry because everyone is a friend for years I will see tonight. No one except my wife knows of my battle with alcohol. Guess I just have to tough it out. No choice.

Positive Again

Don't worry about it, plan it out. What will you drink instead of alcohol? What will you say if someone offers you a drink? Work out the details in your mind now and let the worry go.

Comment

Positive Again

Fly Away, Good advice. Thanks. Since I have worked the past week at tapering off I don't want to blow it. No one will force me to drink and my wife and son will be with me but I'm just nervous. When I get anxious I drink. Having a good morning so far. No craving and haven't thought about today's first drink. This forum is good for me. Everyone's support and their stories are inspirational. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Positive Again

I think a lot of getting sober has to do with dealing with emotions sober. Something most of us are unfamiliar with doing! We get so used to numbing out our emotions that when we finally have to deal with sorrow or anxiety or anything it's doubly hard. So tonight will be like your first day at school. You'll feel awkward and out of place, and that's okay. Because each time you do it you'll learn a little more and feel a little more comfortable. And after a while, this will become your new normal.

I've got to head off to work, but best wishes to you.

Comment

Positive Again

I agree. I do think that my anxiety is something I have to learn to deal with. I also think drinking increases it. I am real strong person and a hard headed businessman. No one would ever think I have anxiety but I do on almost a daily basis. I spent three years in therapy for it and learned to cope with it but drinking brings it out. Another reason to quit. I'm lucky that I never get drunk and don't do stupid things anymore ( so far thank God) when I drink. But I worry I will. Dumb isn't it?

Comment

Positive Again

I decided to go as long as I can today before my first drink and when I have one tonight to follow it with cranberry juice. Your right I need a plan. Thanks

Comment

Positive Again

Flyaway your comment is perfect in describing my issues, together we all can do it.
              AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
              As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Positive Again

I just confided in my wife's best friend since grade school that I have a problem. She hugged me and said to call her anytime to talk about it because she quit about ten years ago and was a closet drinker Even her husband didn't know and still doesn't. Now I have the forum, my wife, her friend and my son. Don't feel so lonely now.

Comment

Positive Again

you can do this....I was sober six months and drank Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I am dragging butt, and was very upset with myself. BUT....I have six months to be thankful for. It just wan't worth it, plain and simple
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Positive Again

Mama, I am sorry about that, but I understand, as I had six months before "slipping" last summer. Got 22 days in August, then three, four, five days until 35 days ago. I feel truly committed now, and I know that you are, too. You came right back You have been quite an inspiration to me and to many others, so don't beat yourself up. Easier said than done, I know!

Icandoit--try to relax and know you are not alone and you CAN do it! Have you given any thought to the Serdyn for the anxiety?
                    "One day at a time."

Comment

Working...
                    X