confession on not following the MWO plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or even reading Roberta's MWO book until starting just last night. I've thumbed through it sure, but never actually sat down and read it. I thought just posting and taking kudzu alone would do the trick and we found out where that landed me...on my ass bigtime. Haven't done the hypno either...or Topa (will talk to doc on Wed as I'm on Campral now) I've been skeptical about those sort of things but after reading even just the first quarter of the book....wow! why the heck do I procrastinate so badly? Sooooo, starting at square one with a much more serious and wholistic approach to this life of mine. If there are other procrastinators out there....wakey wakey!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

live and learn....don't live...no learn
    Control the Mind

Comment

DT, I suppose it's just like any other journey in life... Scary to start until you take that first big step, right?

Glad to hear you are 'determined' to do this, and best of luck.

(p.s. sorry, I couldn't resist)! :H
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

D, don't feel bad. I posted here a LONG time before I got serious about the program. At least you are doing it now. Any tools that will help you get where you want to be...............BTW, we need a new recipe!!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

You all are far too nice...it was a warning really for those that haven't read the book yet. recipes...hmmmmm.
          oh, gotta go exercise now....my first time in weeks, I better take it easy.
          ciao for now cats and kitties......
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

D,
            I did the same. I thumber through it and skimmed along. Then took it seriously and what a difference. Glad you are back and so motivated. It's so nice to see you.
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

D - same with me.
              Don't sweat it

Cashy
              xxxx
              "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

I have all the supps and take them faithfully, but I have yet to read the book...I pick it up, put it down, pick it up, put it down. Now I feel guilty, I should read it ALL too.

AND D...I so agree with Fan....when I read your post the morning you left for detox, I cried. Knowing how hard the next few days would be for you just broke my heart...even though I was happy you had the courage to do it.

Comment

We all do things different ways, D. I read the book like gangbusters, then was gung ho for a while with supps and topa, slipped for a while, back on and off and on and off. We all do this in different ways. We're all different. You make a difference to all of us!

Hugs,

Kathy
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Guilty with the CD's-have had them for 2 yrs!
                    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

I've taken the sups, listened to the CD's and stil have not read the book in its entirety....
                      I'm almost out of sups not sure if I'm going to spend the money to get more....like when I"m drinking I won't go to any lengths to get the drink.....priorities. I do need more Kudzu though....hhhhmmmm.....
                      Your doing good D and your an inspiration to us all!

Comment

Ahhh, Determinateur, so you are a little Pinocchio then?

Everyooooooooooooooone, name chaaaaaaange! Vote 1, 2, 3. OK. Done.

No, just joking. Of course, all doing it differently. I'm for starters totally against the hypno. But again, that doesn't mean that I make a religion or a thread (oh dear) out of it. So, no worries mate.
                        Paddy
                        Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

D - good for you..you are just where you should be. I was like Kathy, then got 4.5 months AF behind me without any supps or anything, I just came off of 2 weeks of drinking wine every day, and now on my 3rd day of AF..trying to figure out what I should do..don't want to take the topa just to be able to drink every once in a while..i don't feel good on it, so maybe the supps..just for the health benefit and daily discipline that keeps me conscious. I think resuming the CDs would be helpful too. Thanks for getting real..it's all in the process.
                          d

Comment

thanks again all. Dilayne, how did the Topa affect you?
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hey D-
                              Well, the topa did make me feel a little mentally foggy, not enough to inhibit performance at work, really, unless I had to deal with a a lot of boring black and white copy (i'm a graphic designer) and my husband just reminded me that I felt sick and tired on the topamax..I'm a little surprised because I just mentioned that I was thinking about going back on it and he said, loudly, 'no, don't do that'..I asked why, he said I was always sick and tired on it...sooo, I recall..kind of a low grade headache a lot, low energy. I guess I need to rethink going back on it..it's a tough decision. If I'm goign abs, I'm fine, I don't need it..I only think I need it when I think I need to drink...you got me thinking now!

Comment

Working...
                              X