Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

Hi,

It's been a long time since I have posted, every now and again I pop on to see how everyone is doing and keep telling myself I need to post to share how I have been doing. It has been 2 and a half years since I had my last glass of wine, it wasn't always easy but with lots of prayer and this place I did it! I want you all who are still struggling with this nasty addiction and think they are never going to make it, know you can, I am living proof of that and so many others on this site who have done the same (by the way congrats K9, I knew you would get there). I think for me I finally had to come to believe that God would set me free and really believe it, not just pray for it and then hope. I also had this place and these wonderful people who were in the same boat as me, some worse and some not as bad. Also the ones that made it and their great advice and encouragment, it meant so much to hear all the stories. I have finally found me again, the me who never needed a drink to laugh or smile. When I was a kid they used to say I had a natural high - high on life. I have actually been accused of being drunk a couple of times, just because I was being silly, but that is who I am, I just don't need the AL to bring it out in me anymore. I have to admit I had a few people who kept on pressuring me to have a drink, just don't get that, but I didn't. I think when people do that they have their own problems with al and you know how the saying goes misery loves company. Just don't give in and remember when people do that it is only so they don't feel guilty about their own drinking. But anyway I just wanted to write a little note of encouragment to those still fighting the beast that your day will come, just believe! Also a BIG CONGRATS to all those who have slain the beast

Sincerely,
    Setfree (a.k.a twosox)

Update

Hey Setfree! Nice of you to drop back with your success story. I too have had people think I'm high on something as I can be very silly sometimes too. Haha just look at the Word Association thread. Anyways, you're so right a natural high is awesome. To depend on alcohol for joviality, to me, would mean one has to go deeper down the rabbit hole of one's persona to find the real you. Not jacked up by a false sense of security provided by any number of substances or activities... sorry didn't mean to go on....sometimes it just has to spill out!

Thanks again, and I wish you continued smiling success.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Update

Set free...thank you for dropping in.....its nice to hear success stories :goodjob: :thanks:
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Update

Thanks for sharing that. I, too, love success stories
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Working...
        X