2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

I wanted to start a thread for all of us who are determined to make 2013 an entire
    alcohol-free year.
    I was hoping we could post here, encourage eash other, check in from time to time and use this as a catalyst and an accountability thread.
    I'll start with my pledge-I am going to use every tool in the shed, every thing big and small I can think of to achieve this goal! Once you struggle long enough you learn what works and what does not. For me it is about staying away from drinking social situations, at least for a while. And of course antabuse. You gotta take the damn pill!

To everyone here at MWO-I love you all and SO appreciate the wisdom and kindness I have found here.

Let's share our progress and thoughts this coming year. 2013 here we come and we are beating the ass of the alcohol rascal

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Ohhhh.........Im in! Its only 365 days, how bad can it be.............:H
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Hello. Ummm.... my name is RunningCourage and ummmm.... I'm very timidly and very slowly tip-toeing into the thread... umm... ehm... I'd just like to say, I'd like to do 2013 AF too...

Umm.... thanks for listening... might go back outside and play now.

Back in a whiley...

(Can you tell i'm sacred?)

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Yeah Molly

That's what I was thinking. Next Christmas we can be all "NA NA NA NA NAAHHHH NA!
        WE DID IT!

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

I'm with Running Courage, i am tiptoeing into this thread. With so much failure to achieve any willpower related goals my confidence is shot. We are GAINING much and losing NOTHING by giving up alcohol. I just closed my eyes and pictured myself posting on this thread in eight months or so... not doing my usual disappearing act. Gulp.
          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Would love to do it, but I don't know if I can actually make it! I'll strive for 340 days, is that ok?
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
            A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Alcoholic;1433203 wrote: Would love to do it, but I don't know if I can actually make it! I'll strive for 340 days, is that ok?
              is that so you can drink on the 12 days of Christmas? :H

Sorry. Couldn't resist. If anyone who was once a daily heavy drinker only drinks 25 out of 365 days... THAT IS EXCELLENT - go for it Ally :l ... BUT, that also means they're drinking what, once every fortnight? Sounds like a successful year modding. This is Ann's thread, but I do feel there is a difference between a successful mod year 2013, and a successful AF year 2013.

I hate being fundamentalist about this, as it's not in my nature, but personally i think there's quite a difference. Just saying...

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Sure Alky

Let's do it one day at a time! I'm thinking I might even make a special calendar for this in my office

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Ann Carolina;1433212 wrote: Let's do it one day at a time! I'm thinking I might even make a special calendar for this in my office
                  Ally - there you go! Ann's invested you. 340 you say? Go for it!

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

I'm realistic about myself. I'm not saying I plan to drink 25 days out of the year. But I know I can mod and have done it successfully for the last 3 months or so now.

Just like dieting. I can't say I'll never have chocolate again. That I will not have chocolate in 2013. I don't think I can do it because I 'm a realist about myself.

If I say I never will have a drink again, I know I will fail. I've never been a binge drinker, and even now when I do drink, I have 1 or 2 once in a blue moon.

So I appreciate Ann that you allow me to do this... That's just me trying to do my best! Like it or not, people, that's me.
                    Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

And one more thing... ever since I was young, I always tried to think I would fail a test. So I would study very hard and got straight A's through high school. So, whenever I encounter a problem now, I try to think I may fail so I work extra hard not to fail.... and I succeed most of the time.

Others have to imagine that they will win in order to win. I'm the opposite. Like I said a milion times before, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

This scares the hell out of me too...but I'm in! Nothing good ever comes easy so let's do this.
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

It's all good!

Let's all just do the best we can do-whatever that may be.

I just returned from taking my daughter to a restaurant/bar up the street where I have been known to swill a beer or two. We ate at the bar, and the bartender was like NO BEER FOR YOU? So..just like the comment from the other guy I mentioned earlier-I do not want to be that person anymore. My daughter is leaving tomorrow and I'm sure I won't be going there for a long time.

For me (as for you guys I bet) it just starts with the thought of drinking, and in my case I just have to nip it right there, immediately. As in DO NOT EVEN GO THERE SISTER!
                          All I know is that I have high hopes for this coming year and I really don't want to disappoint myself.

Also-on a happy note-I can see that my daughter does not drink alcoholically at all. I believe that she escaped my family legacy of drunken nonsense. At one point I was very worried but I can see now that she is OK.

Countdown to Tuesday! Peace to all this evening!

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

I'm in!
                            Make it a great day!:heart:

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s[/video]]Eminem - Not Afraid - YouTube
                              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
                              X