Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

YAY FOR US

TODAY WAS WEIRD! People were going out after work and I thought WELL>>>maybe I'll go for a while. HAHAHA NOT!!! It is amazing hwo the thought sneaks in-you have to beat it down!

So here we are in 2013. I made an appointment today; all I could get was 3/7. Seems like a long time but time flies-it will be here before I know it.

NELZ-starmakers are going to be busy! Unfortunately I don't know when I last had a drink-I don;t know the exact date. But that is OK. I'll go by the 2013 effort so I suppose Tuesday will be a week into the new year.

It took my poor daughter a LONG time to get from her dad's in WV back to her base near Fresno. Two missed flights doe to airline lateness. She was exhausted and crying in Phoenix yesterday. She was tired and thinking of the jerk husband that she had pushed out of her mind during the holidays. They are both assigned (for the Navy) to Key West soon. She has to fly back across the country tomorrow. The arrogant ass told her today that she probably should not see him there since she will CRY! I told her to tell him DONT FLATTER YOURSELF! I also told her one good thing about all this-she will recognize narcissism more quickly from here on out.

Peace to all

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

OnceAgain;1437423 wrote: I made it 7 days! Woot Woot! Feeling good and motivated. A friend saw me at the grocery store and said "you look great" she doesn't know it but I know that it is because I don't have all that nasty AL in my system making me look tired and haggard. I know the road will be long and hard but I am taking this time to celebrate my success.
      Yahoo! Way to go! I do remember people remarking on how good I looked shortly after I quit. What a boost to your confidence. You are paving a path. Great job.

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

prose;1437586 wrote: Hi everyone,

I have not been posting cause I am really busy with my work but I wanted to say thanks to all of you who have been, I have tried to read here when I feel my little voice wanting to take control!!

Thanks again and I hope to catch up here after I catch up elsewhere!!!
        Prose
        You are preaching to the choir Prose. I can barely get online these days. Stay strong.

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Well done once again, 7 days is great ;0)
          All good here on day 3.
          Sorry to hear your daughter is stressed Ann. Must worry you, they are always our babies I guess, I try a think if this when my parents worry about my drinking ;0(
          God I know k9 we still get away with plastic rubbish as our kids are young, but they already use our iPads, pods, phones etc and it won't be long till they want their own arghhhhh second mortgage here we come ;0)
          AF since 2nd Oct 2012
          Day by day

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

my baby is 13 years old today!! Now I am officially the mother of two teenagers.....and I just finished cleaning up the kitchen after a wonderful dinner and birthday cake and completely sober. I feel so grateful for what I have. Birthday celebrations are so much more fun and memorable when you are not half tanked....who knew??? So, with Day 3 under my belt, I am feeling good!
            I just won't anymore

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

CONGRATUALTIONS AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNIE !! - or I should say to your nearly minted teenager :H

Mine turned 14 on the dec 23rd and I still have a tough time thinking of Him as a teen...

Ann I am really sorry your daughter is having such a hard time. It absolutely stinks when our kids no matter how old are upset or being hurt...no offense intended but I hope that The Husband is on his way to being an Ex-Husband.....

Thanks K9 for the wonderful comments. The girls really do blow me away. When they aren't fighting they are just so loving and fun. I really have no idea where they came from and I worry sometimes that I am going to screw them up....I know that I shouldn't let my head go there.
              Madison read your avatar reasons this morning and then read your tag line before I knew she was reading. She read it out loud and then said all perky and sincere, " Well that's really great of her Mom!! '

God you gotta love them. :l
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Kradle, I know everyone says this and I type it as i watch my two year old beautiful granddaughter playing house with her new mini-kitchen; enjoy them while they are young and still in awe of everything. in a blink of an eye, they are telling you to get out of their lives. Luckily they come back as adults but as you are, obviously experiencing with your son, the pre-teen and teenage years can be disheartening.

My good friend who also has an adopted child, said something profound to me a few months ago "A mother is only as happy as her saddest child." In other words, we suffer along with them... I have learned to distance myself a bit as I was so emotional with their ups and downs and am now able to put their problems out of my mind at the end of most days when my head hits the pillow at night.

Ann, I hope your daughter is able to get through this with not too much sadness. In a year, this will just be a bad memory. Easy for me to say; but true.

No woozy, boozy night for me. Just a lovely evening with my sweet little granddaughter.. I love two year olds.
                Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

I blew it!

Well I blew it. I went out to dinner last night and had a glass of wine. Which of course turned in to two, which of course turned in to me coming home and having 4 more.... sigh..... I am so sad and angry with myself. I had just finished 7 days and WHY?!!!! would I do that? I was feeling great! I just got my Nelz star - what is wrong with me?! I can not just have a glass of wine, I can not drink socially, I can not just drink on special occasions. I know this. So, its back to day one. I WILL do this. I feel like I let you all down but most importantly I feel like I let myself down. I have a dull headache, I slept badly, and I look like crap. That is what drinking does for me. Anyway - hopefully you all don't kick me off this thread since it is a no drinking in 2013 thread and I already failed. You all help me so much and I want to try again starting today. So its the end of my pity party and time to start again.
                  Oh - and for those of you asking my dog is not a German Shepard - she is an Australian Cattle Dog or a Blue Heeler as some call them. We got her when she was 6 months old from a rescue. She was found in TN living in the woods alone and then fostered in MA which is where we got her from. We have had her for 9 years and she still acts like a puppy. She is a love and super smart - I adore her.
                  Make it a great day!:heart:

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Once again: please don't be too hard on yourself.....I don't know how many times I have made the commitment to stop drinking but then failed. I mean, I would make a commitment in the morning and then fail by the afternoon. But with each attempt, and each failure, I learned something about myself and why the triggers got the better of me. My last attempt on August 12 ended during Sandy on October 31!!!! So, with that point of reference, I am making a go of it once again.

It is so much better to keep trying than to give up. Just focus on how you felt on days 4, 5 and 6.....and don't forget how you feel today......these points of reference will make you stronger this time.

It is a struggle but being sober and living life to its fullest is so worth it..... I feel for you as I was where you are today just a short while ago. So don't leave the thread!!

(wow, feeling teary typing this)
                    :l
                    I just won't anymore

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Hi Jenni - Thanks for the encouragement. You are right about the learning part and I have started and stopped so many times that I should be a genius by now! :H I am trying to not focus on my failure but just move forward and do better today. I am not giving up or in. Today is my chance to be a better person than I was yesterday. :l
                      Make it a great day!:heart:

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Good morning Once Again,
                        I share your feelings, I was almost 30 days and tripped up New Year's Eve but its about getting back up and don't look back.
                        Felt good again finally this am, got over my being upset with myself and looking at the brighter side today.
                        Stay strong together we can do this.
                        FT
                        AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                        As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Hi, everyone:

Yes, let's look forward instead of backwards. We can definitely do this!

I think the social part is the most difficult ... Peer pressure occurs even at our age! And it can be subtle: not wanting to offend anyone, not to appear antisocial, not to seem like a party pooper...

I'm working on not worry or care so much about what people think...
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Hi Once,
                            I read somewhere on a thread that it looked suspicious for a first time quit to stick no problem it rarely works that way...

I truly think that the way you are going is the best way which is you get some days AF then you pop back over the fence...see that it's still the same....get back on track.....that sort of thing.

Kind of a hercky jerky - non linear approach to getting out from under this. At least that's the way it's going for me and what I've noticed from reading other people's journey here.

I'm more of a wriggle out from under the rug gal than a straight shot (no pun intended)

I'm also super impressed at you can pop back here almost immediately and talk about it. I have a very hard time with that.

You're doing great!
                            :l

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Thanks TIPP For your wise words... :h

I am m,indulge of disengaging myself from Matt's behavior. I keep telling myself that as long as I am completely certain that I am doing everything possible to give him the paths to his success...and that includes NOT DRINKING....then my head is clear. He has to step onto the road and make that journey.

It s so fricken hard but I will admit that he exhausts me so much i often just feel peace from shear fatigue:l

I envy your grandma status. I wish I had had the character to go for my dreams of being a mom early on instead of clawing my way through a career i ultimately hated...but back in the day, or a least my day, it was considered weak and foolhardy to want a family more than a career...no depending on a man kind of thing...what a load of shit:upset:

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Hi Once!

I think I was the one that made that comment about being suspicious of anyone that quits the first time...I guess I'm naturally a doubter. LOL But my point is (as Kradle stated), it rarely (if EVER) works that way. We don't change overnight. Think of the years, decades, we spent drinking...really, is it reasonable to expect that we just snap our fingers and quit? Uh...no. If I had a dollar for every Day 1 I had, I would not be sitting at work right now...I'd be somewhere tropical enjoying my retirement!

Never quit quitting. That's all you can do. Get up, dust yourself off and start over. We are here for you. What is your dogs name? My beloved 14 year old is named Sandy...like the Superstorm. LOL She's a wonderful little mutt!!
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X