Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Joining in.
    AnnC - I got a star too this year, hoping to get a few more in 2013!!
    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Hi Scottish Lass and Prose

Hey guys-
      Scottish-we can get more stars! I know we can!

Prose-Don't beat yourself up! Let's get going! I haven;t had a drink in a few monthsa and I still feel shame if I allow myself to. Just thinking about awful dangerous situations I have put myself into-CRAZY!
      But you have to focus on the now and go forward. It isn't easy but it is so worth it.
      I feel a little like a "cheater" because I take antabuse. But still it's a choice to take the pill -
      FOr me-it has grown very tiresome to be known as a drunk. I am done with it. I deserve more and I am worth more that that.

Hang in there!

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Welcome Prose!
        Jump on in...we can do this together! Stick around for the highly-coveted Nelz star...it's worth the effort!
        Check in daily (or more)...it really does help!
        K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Ann Carolina;1433681 wrote: I feel a little like a "cheater" because I take antabuse. But still it's a choice to take the pill -
          Now, now...don't say that! You are not "cheating". Antabuse is not a crutch, it is a TOOL. Would you feel like you were "cheating" at being alive if you had a pacemaker in? You use what you need...period.

And by the way, a huge congrats on TTDP (taking the damn pill)...sometimes it AIN'T EASY...

Love,
          K9 (#1 fan of Antabuse!)
          :h
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

thank you all so much, I am the queen of beating myself up, and part of the problem is those feelings "magically" disappear after I've had a drink, and there we go again. I have to figure out a way to get past those feelings and my plan for tonight is to see if anyone is on chat at the time when I would be thinking of pouring something......
            again thanks for the warm welcome!!!!

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

sorry i missed it- what is the nelz star?

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

HEY ALKY

You mentioned being 40-I remember my 40th birthday party, and I sometimes wonder where I would be if I had quit drinking then. Now 58.
                You can do it. Don't waste any more time
                Something else I've realized is this: the people who invite me out for drinks, knowing that I have an alcohol "problem" to put it mildly, cannot be blamed. I used to think WHY are you asking me to drink!?! It's all up to me. They are not responsible for my choices.

I just had a visit from my daughter and I'm so thrilled that I did not drink. She knows the truth, yet even she asked if I wanted a beer. You cannot make people help you;it's simply personal responsibility.

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Ann Carolina,
                  That is EXACTLY what I was thinking this morning, how all the times I've gotten out of control I always had an excuse- didn't like that person, didn't feel comfortable, didn't like that person, didn't like that person, sister was sick, didn't like that person (see any pattern here?), and I thought "what a loal of s--t- I have just used all of those excuses to drink.
                  Dont get me wrong, I ususally like most people

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

HEY PROSE

Oh I know what you mean! Long day at work? DRINK .Sister being a shithead? DRINK.
                    Out for dinner? DRINK .Hot summer day? DRINK. Cold winter day? DRINK.

And on and on it goes. I plan to staick around here SO CLOSELY as I head into this 2013 project.

Also I would bet that I know someone who could easily die this year from slcoholism; this is a guy who lives with my sister. He is really drunk EVERY day and has been for along time. End-stage alcoholism is not pretty and I really don't see how he can escape it. He's an awful person with or without alochol but I do feel sorry for him.

And K9 you are right-the AB is a TOOL. So happy to have it

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

prose;1433698 wrote: Ann Carolina,
                      That is EXACTLY what I was thinking this morning, how all the times I've gotten out of control I always had an excuse- didn't like that person, didn't feel comfortable, didn't like that person, didn't like that person, sister was sick, didn't like that person (see any pattern here?), and I thought "what a loal of s--t- I have just used all of those excuses to drink.
                      Dont get me wrong, I ususally like most people
                      LOL Welcome to the f*ck it button, I want a drink! We all have it. Realizing it, is a great start. Best wishes!
                      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

prose;1433688 wrote: sorry i missed it- what is the nelz star?
                        Its my way of giving respect to members that have achieved certain goals, that in my humble opinion are very significant. I try to stay on top of the benchmarks, but occasionally a thread will slip the cracks.

Ive had more than one PM about missing a milestone. In short, I hand out a Nelzstarofapproval at 1, 7, 30 days, 6 months and one year. Also for multiple AF years or just when something really exciting happens.

My way of saying Job well done
                        Attached files [img]/converted_files/2013156=7268-attachment.jpg[/img]
                        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

oh I love that idea! I am going to work on my first star!
                          I love your benchmarks too, because it looks like if you can get the first few stars, maybe you will make it to the 6 month and beyond. Brilliant. Thank you!

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

We all can do whatever we put our minds to regardless of perceived difficulty. That message is what my sober mind proved to me that my drunk mind could never comprehend. 2013 can be whatever kind of year we choose, let's choose a winner!
                            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

WE CAN DO IT

I have a feeling that the star makers are gonna be busy!

Just to share-as we all know the progression of this issue-I mean what happens if you don't quit drinking it gets worse. Though I have been sober for a while now I had gotten to the point where I would never have less than 8 drinks. And that is a lot.

So..really what is the point? Drunkenness is the whole point. It has nothing to do (for me) with fun, or the taste, or being sociable. For me it's about the inability to sit calmly with myself and be comfortable. Or the ability to engage with people in a real sincere
                              un-medicated way.

I have always felt "less than", and getting over that is the key to my recovery

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Ann I could have written that myself...
                                Dottie
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X