Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

AC
    From my travels I can relate to checking out the layover times and seeing the nearest watering holes locations to my gate. This of course is something that needs to be addresses with me and is a constant work in progress.

Loving not traveling as much at the moment.

FT
    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Travel Update-AWFUL

SO... Left Raleigh yesterday at 10 am
      STILL in Philly after 3:30 connection to San Fran
      Was FINALLY cancelled at 9:30pm
      I knew better than booking with United
      They are always a mess
      Now allegedly arriving Cali at 12:30 pm
      I refuse to stay longer than planned
      I was at a gate right by a big bar and was SO
      glad I had no desire to sit in there and annihilate
      myself
      I am really exhausted
      Later guys

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Great job AC, congratulations.
        FT

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Ann, I used to route myself thru airports that had wine shops where I could buy a bottle and put it in my carry on. To say that ALK is inconvenient and expensive is an understatement. I am so happy for your strength....freedom from that powerful pull is awesome! AND your are doing it! Well done, dear friend. Travel safely. XO, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Kradle: my husband bought something that rats liked to eat, but they ended up feeling really thirsty and so they would go out of the house and find a river and drink excessively until they drown themselves. Some kind of rat poison from Home Depot. Worked really well.
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
            A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Ann, sorry your journey is so stressful :0(
              Day 8 for me guys, still feeling good.
              Looks like January is going to be a good month for us all xx
              AF since 2nd Oct 2012
              Day by day

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

hi ann,travel update not awful,the bar disgusted you thats wonderful!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

I got back from vacation a few days ago. I did drink and I'm not proud of that. But, I'm back at it again. Day 3 and feeling much better.
                  Ann, hope you are having a good trip. You are just across the Carquinez bridge from me :-)

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Despite my Dec 31st slip and cancelled Jan 1st I am now on day 10 or is it 9, what ever day I am still motivated to do this all year AF and NF.
                    FT

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Way to go FT!

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Great that everybody is back on the wagon & motivated. I keep having stray thoughts but am taking the antabuse so it's easier to push them away. I am only taking it a couple times a week so I need to pay attention that I'm keeping it in my system. But, it does work.
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Just checking in - last year I did sign up and say that I would do this, and Day 11 is here (like Nora I had an AF NY eve).
                          Well done to all hanging in and adding stickers to their calendars!!!!:goodjob:
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

shelbysmiles;1441646 wrote: I got back from vacation a few days ago. I did drink and I'm not proud of that. But, I'm back at it again. Day 3 and feeling much better.
                            Ann, hope you are having a good trip. You are just across the Carquinez bridge from me :-)
                            Good for you Shelby. You got back on the wagon and keep on trying. Great job on Day 3.

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

Frequent Traveler;1441687 wrote: Despite my Dec 31st slip and cancelled Jan 1st I am now on day 10 or is it 9, what ever day I am still motivated to do this all year AF and NF.
                              FT
                              Way to go FT! :goodjob:

Comment

2013-LET'S DO THIS!

NoraC;1441801 wrote: Great that everybody is back on the wagon & motivated. I keep having stray thoughts but am taking the antabuse so it's easier to push them away. I am only taking it a couple times a week so I need to pay attention that I'm keeping it in my system. But, it does work.
                                scottish lass;1441811 wrote:
                                Just checking in - last year I did sign up and say that I would do this, and Day 11 is here (like Nora I had an AF NY eve).
                                Well done to all hanging in and adding stickers to their calendars!!!!:goodjob:
                                Well done Nora and SL!

Comment

Working...
                                X