Army Thread Shunday 30th December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

startingover;1434606 wrote: You are always good for me Greggers :l I shall take you up on that!
    You're on!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Maybe Starty, maybe. Anger at this is how I am feeling right now. When you guys say looking through the window at everyone having fun, I can fully understand. So is/was it greed on our parts to want this party not to end even though the realisation that the party had ended years ago, truth be told. The rose tinted specs are well and truly on I wonder.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Some great advice here this morning but alas the airport is calling, have to leg it see you all soon and will drop in during week.

Starting Over you were the first person to welcome me here and help me on my way,only hope I can be of some help to you if you need it.

Ktab I have met you personally than more times I care to remember,You are a very strong intelligent and wise person and have helped me to through some tough times,Time now to start taking your own great advise.

Chow or caio.... laters.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thank you all, I am going off to do a few odd jobs around the place now and have a long think about this mornings posts.
          Mr G lovely to see you, thanks for the input.
          Mario, top man, a week in the sun will do you the world of good, adios amigo.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

mollyka;1434622 wrote: I'm off too - need to go early to AA and sort out what I've to do next week!
            My roomie has just been on and says she'll do a chair for me as well!! Feeling better about it already!!
            Laters everyone - and if someone doesn't root Jackieclaire out of her pit soon - I'll be 2 years sober on the Shout Out thread:H:H
            :H:H:H Cheeky mare.

I blame my Aunt that gave me the Kaftan for Chrimbo. I have discovered the joys of lounging.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

anon;1434571 wrote: I am doing London April and Windermere in May. Windermere is lovely as it is challenging but a beautiful location and great people running. I do London as I get a good for age place and everyone seems to think it is the ONLY marathon I feel it would be rude not too?:H
              Ooohh... Windermere... That's not so far away either... Wonder if it's hillier than Loch ness. That was a bugger.

:hallo: tabbers - Cork's hilly? I've never been down thataway before.

Comment

I've now had a read of the thread, oh my goodness me I've got bloooming tears in me eyes I can relate to so much I don't know where to start.

The looking through windows and looking at 'happy families' certainly resonates. I still do it especially this time of year when it's dark and I can get a good peek as most curtains are open showing off Chrimbo trees.

We have a big picture window at the front of the house. I used to think that people who saw me face down on the settee about 4pm thought I was just exhausted through being a perfect mother not passed out drunk.

Our Whizzy, it's just sooooooooooooo fecking hard sometimes but you worked it through hun.:goodjob:
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just got back from a family walk with the departing children. Last one on the 7pm plane.

Thanks for the advice to ktab I need to take it on board too. Even if I am not drinking I still have the mindset. I feel so bloody frustrated, resentful and angry.

Windermere is supposed to be brutal Arsey but just think of the street cred you would get. Brathay Windermere marathon if you enter before tomorrow you get a discount. I did it in 4hrs15 so cannot be that hard

Comment

X post JC. Thank you.

Comment

Was just away working while youse were all posting. I'm feeling humbled. Molly, you are so insightful -

I know when I was binging-sober, binging-sober - I used to read this thread completely differently depending on my situation. When I was sober - I saw it for what it is - a bit of a laugh - but then if anyone was struggling the joking just stopped - and the real job kicked in. But when I was drinking - I often read it as a place where EVERYBODY was long-term sober, laughing and joking and seemed like a foreign language sometimes. Bit like looking in someones front window and see them as 'happy families' without knowing what actually goes on behind closed doors --- does any of that make sense
                      YES IT DOES!

And KTAB - I'm just the new kid on the block, but as with others, I do listen to your words close. Some posts speak to me more than others, yours certainly do.

Wise fowks bide in these barracks here.

Comment

Runners, would you belive when I land me backside in the Army I wouldn't say boo to a goose.

With their encouragement, I flown on my (on a plane not with wings), became a child mentor, then the stuff I'm doing now.
                        They've sat with me while I was doing me nails before my first big social do I couldn't get out of and chattered on. The Underoos were there when I went to my 1st dental appointment by myself ( I was a dental phobe)

It gave me a voice.

I could go on.........but I'm tearing up again.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1434661 wrote: Runners, would you belive when I land me backside in the Army I wouldn't say boo to a goose.

With their encouragement, I flown on my (on a plane not with wings), became a child mentor, then the stuff I'm doing now.
                          They've sat with me while I was doing me nails before my first big social do I couldn't get out of and chattered on. The Underoos were there when I went to my 1st dental appointment by myself ( I was a dental phobe)

It gave me a voice.

I could go on.........but I'm tearing up again.
                          That's both inspiration to read and odd too! You wouldn;t say boo to a goose? Not even a little boo? Suppose because I'm still relatively new and you all seem to have been here forever and a day... but of course, we were all new, shy, nervous and quaking at one stage.

Comment

Our Whizzy, I here you on the visitors. I really look forward to seeing them but the relief when they've gone.

Jenny stayed 4 nights this week, as she hasn't really lived here for nigh on 8 years (Uni and shared flats I didn't kick her out) it was sooooooooooooooo hard. All I can say is PTL we got unlimited broadband before Christmas so I shoved her in the conservatory with me lap-top.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

RunningCourage;1434664 wrote: That's both inspiration to read and odd too! You wouldn;t say boo to a goose? Not even a little boo? Suppose because I'm still relatively new and you all seem to have been here forever and a day... but of course, we were all new, shy, nervous and quaking at one stage.
                              Crikey I joined back in Sept 2008 and never said a peep for 10 months. I'm making up for it now.

Here's my very first post from 8th July 2009. I was shaking like a leaf not just from withdrawals.

JackieClaire;658392 wrote:
                              Hi National,
                              Day 2 for me. on a home detox and feel dreadful. No appetite and want to sleep all the time. I know it will get better. My lovely new doctor put me onto this site. Any advice will be welcome. Stay strong.
                              JackieClaire
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Wow Jacs. Thanks for sharing that... It is good to see the journey's people have made, and understanding that there can be so much success - if you put in the graft. One mo at a time.

Hi Hippyman.

Better get back to work here ...

Comment

Working...
                                X