Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Aspect of Forever

Hi All
    The aspect of forever seems to be one of the biggest hurdles when we start recovery. It doesn't seem possible. It sure didn't to me. Keeping the idea of one day,one hour, one min is much easier to deal with.
    What we have to realize is that we are looking at this through the eyes of someone new to recovery. We are still that person that drank just we don' drink any more. We haven't been in a sober lifestyle long enough for the changes to take place. I can't tell you when it will happen for you but just as the cravings go away with time so does the aspect of even thinking about " Forever".
    New Year coming up if you stay AF the whole year I will guarantee you some of the things that seem impossible for you now will be viewed much different. Recovery from years of addiction takes time. The changes we have to make in ourselves take time.
    Forever isn't even a thought for me. I am just a non drinker.
    Happy and Healthy New Year to All.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08
    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08

The Aspect of Forever

Wise words Caysea, thanks!
    Happy New Year to you too
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

The Aspect of Forever

Great post Caysea! I was scared about "forever" for a very long time. Then I realized that if I just take care of "NOW", the thought of "forever" never really comes in to play. Worrying about the past = depression, worrying about the future = anxiety. Live in the NOW and do the right things NOW.

It took me a very long time to grasp this easy concept....maybe even 2 or 3 months after becoming sober on my first go around. I had lived always planning my next drink or the next party or the next time I was going to have time off to get hammered. Living for the NOW was a foriegn concept. I swear once you figure it out it makes life far more simple, and it make the thought of sobriety very manageable. Good post!

Comment

The Aspect of Forever

Great post, cant add anything except..........YUP thats the truth.
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

The Aspect of Forever

Thanks for that post, Caysea. Needed to hear that going into 2013!
          "One day at a time."

Comment

The Aspect of Forever

wonderful post caysea,itll help a lot of strugglers like me
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

The Aspect of Forever

That was a timely post for those of us planning to have a sober 2013. I used to feel the fear in forever but now it's dwindling as i am better at concentrating on the moment at hand. thanks.
              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

The Aspect of Forever

Wonderful post very inspiring as we head in to 2013.:goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                X