Didn't stick with my plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year. Hope I get sober in the new year. I feel so stupid today. Didn't stick with my plan yesterday. Didn't get drunk but drank more than I had in days and hate myself this morning because of it. Felt down and out yesterday. Well I knew it wasn't going to be easy.

hi iknow,the imprtant thing in my eyes is youre doing a hell of alot better than where you were right?just stick with it,happy new year!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, IknowIcandoit.

Don't beat yourself up! I did that over and over and over and it just kept me drinking. It is hard--really hard--but you can do it. Get right back on today and start 2013 AF. If you are afraid of withdrawals, and don't have something like Librium, you could even maybe try Banadryl or somehing like that to make you drowsy. For sleep, I read here that a Dramamine will help and you won't wake up all shaky. For me, tapering would never work. I can't cut down gradually and would end up as you have--drinking more than planned. Keep reading and posting.
      :lTDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

Thanks. Feeling better. my wife and I are having Chinese food from our favorite restaurant. Yes I screwed up today but tomorrows another day. Happy new year and thank you.

Comment

Thanks Three Dog Night, Back on it and waiting on my wife to come home. I have had good days and realize one failure doesn't end it for me. I want to quit and I will or die trying. Can't beat myself up over it anymore. I'm a good person who loves his family. The booze won't win. I will.

Comment

You sound just like me. It is NOT EASY...don't let anyone tell you it is. It f'n sucks.and it sucks and it sucks and then it gets better....I know...I had that for several months and then stupidly tossed it to the wind....so I am where you are and I don't want to be here ever again...I am alone, I have young children, I have a job, I have a great smile and a great personality....I also have an addiction that I CANNOT control...but I try and I will keep trying because those months when I was sober were the best ever...never give up...don't let this beat you or me. :l 2013 is going to be a great year

Comment

Yesterday drank less. I have an old friend who is a nurse. She's been emailing me all kinds of supportive emails and articles. She went on a diet and is not drinking. Says she knows I can do it. Nice to have support. I haven't seen her in years.

Comment

The hard part is letting it go. It's familiar. It's the known versus the unknown. By nature folks seem to prefer the familiar, even if it is a POS.

Just by reading your post, it is obvious the al mind is still running the show. Here is some tough love for you.
                Hope I get sober....what are you expecting here? For the beast to voluntarily slink off and put itself in it's cage? Well, truthfully it sounds as if that is what it prefers but you have both hands around it's neck preventing it from doing just that.

Felt down & out. -Excuse to drink. People feel down & out everyday & they don't drink.

Knew it wasn't going to be easy- This is what the al mind tells you so that you can continue to drink. This means that you are not responsible for putting that drink down your throat.

Here is the thing. You can spend all your time, days & energy "in battle" with this thing. Or you can take 5 minutes and beat the hell out of it by making a conscious & firm decision.

Man up & stop coddling yourself. If I can do it so can you. You are not going to allow a little 110 pound woman out-do you, are you? ;-P

Comment

jeez newone,hes just being honest,its not easy,it does suck and some of us only have"hope"as long as were trying,thats all that matters really
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Icandoit, I feel your pain, I also messed up new years eve, I talked myself into drinking, used all the excuses under the sun, stressed, too much pressure and all the rest. Felt bloody awful yesterday but picked myself up dusted myself of and started again new years day. I always go dry january so I know I will have no problems but I'm determined this is the year I go AF. Good luck, but i do think if you try cutting down it will not work.
                    New one I see where your coming from and tough love is good, but people need to be able to to be open and honest on this site as we can't always be honest with the people we love!
                    X
                    AF since 2nd Oct 2012
                    Day by day

Comment

Working...
                    X