New Year Underoos.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year Underoos.....

Morning Birdy, Sunny, Jonesy, Aspy, Supermodely, foxtel subscribers, and celebrity chefs everywhere,

Thanks for the building blog link Kt! I like the container angle, given it's less labour, quicker, and flexible. Geez, if you were to whack 4 x 40' containers together and hacked out a few big windows and doorways etc, you'd be on yer way. $3000 odd a container, and probably a few grand to transport 'em, you'd still be ahead of the game. There'd be no escaping some hard yakka though. You'd want to get rid of the paint and surface area and check for pollution levels from lead paint and probable fumigation residue, but that should be easy enough. Throw in some recycled materials, yer obligatory recycled outdoor brick pizza oven....sky's the limit i tell's ya.

Orf to watch lingerie football on foxtel and universal, cause Bridget is always telling me cable t.v. is just the best.

38c forecast today and tomorrow here. Gumtree is far cheaper than yer boxing day sale for a portable air con! $20.....

Ooroo Roo's. Have a good one today.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

First recce has produced:

Formwork
      Door
      Chicken wire
      Flue
      Mud

Now to scout for a suitable location ...

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Morning Undies!

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Sorry...just posting anything so I can see....busy little thread, how good...I see our usual non competitiveness is out to play? :H and I love that link Ktab...I'm now reworking my daily list of things to accomplish today (yes, NY reso) to include procurement....I love that word p.r.o.c.u.r.e.m.e.n.t....word of the day...

Dinner was lovely Bridge. Lateish night 9.30, shock!! and then getting up at 4.15 to get big locust to the airport...PS you can keep your Foxtel...on the radio I heard an ad for a program called Lost Baggage...ffs..what amazing and exciting things you can buy at a lost baggage auction...although if they had the stuff that mud ovens are made of, I'd be in

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

My word of the day is a.d.i.p.o.s.i.t.y. Yes. Adiposity. Must use it at least once a day.

10.30 and it's 29C already so soon.

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Grey texts are the Dog.
              Green texts are his Owner.
              AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

shit, that didnt work.
                AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

adiposity
                  the state of being obese. ?
                  I believe merely writing the word on the undies thread is not "using" per se, simply taking it out for a walk as it were.
                  To "use it" one must construct some sort of thought correctly embelished with the word.
                  eg.
                  Wally, currently stuck with adiposity, will refrain from building a pizza oven in the back garden.
                  However the site provided by KTAB was divine.
                  Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                  If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                  November 2, 2012

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Good point, Wally. ok ...

Embracing my adiposity (because nobody else can), I continue to elevate my lard arse status by sitting in front of the fan and coveting the wondrous steam bent shingle houses on Ktab's site.

At almost 1pm it's 35C and rising ...

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

:H Wally
                      I am also embracing my adiposity on the lounge today.

That shingle house is astonishing Frog.....and as for those bespoke kitchens....I'm in love.......
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Aha...well, I have taken Wally's advice and used my powers of procurement to increase my adiposity by purchasing some rather scrumptious pies from the local pie shop...yum...sticking to a theme they are vego...

I am working btw...

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Happy New year undies!!

Sorry to have been missing in action, but to be honest, I just wanted a break from the computer. When I'm on the lappie, I always end up checking work stuff, and I really needed some time away from it. I've been checking in on MWO on the i-phone that I acquired just before Xmas, but there is no way that I can post on it! My fingers just aren't that small Plus I tore the meniscus in my right knee (did I spell that right Bridge?) and have been on crutches, so have been largely sedentary .... the good news is that a mostly horizontal position (and daily doses of voltaren) has helped the healing process Didn't do much for the stuff I wanted to get done over the last week though! A few desultory swims, a half-weeded garden, and way too many ham/tomato/cheese toasties .......

Anyway, officially back at work today - went in late and left early as you do on the first working day of the year. In between arriving and leaving I watered the plants, washed the dishes from the last day of work in 2012, tidied my desk, made sure I answered all my emails, and got my calendar up to date :H That's enough for one day!! Mind you, partly why I went in late was that we had an enormous storm here last night (the dregs of one of the cyclones - not sure which one) and I had quite a lot of vegetation to clean off the driveway this morning.

Bridge - thanks for starting the new years thread!! I had been intending to but we went down to see the fireworks that started at midnight. They got canceled at the last moment (the cyclone was starting to move in) and it took us an age to get home, and I was so grumpy by that time that I decided to make it worse and stay up to watch the last few episodes of Downton Abbey .... fell asleep in front of it of course!! So glad you kept up the Undies spirit :H

tawnyfrog;1436573 wrote: ... and furthermore ... are there any blokes who still use a hankie?
                          Mr B refuses to use tissues and only uses hankies. I even bought myself some with delicately embroidered violets on the corners. Got a packet of three, only one left - I'm sure the other two have done the suicidal dive over the washing machine barrel on the fast spin cycle :H

myhappyplace;1436578 wrote:
                          I dont have mud but I can improvise....game on Froglette, lets make ovens and take photos. I reckon Rags will be in it too?? and Bridge is already there...anyone else?? anyone??
                          Well, a pizza oven is way beyond my abilities!! I reckon that those of us that cant participate in the building should offer to judge the end result
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

X-posting .... oh happy days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLY7yI1xV-M[/video]]Sister Act 2 - Oh Happy Day - YouTube
                            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Love it! I know what you mean about the computer Missy....it means work and then on the flip side its recreation?? what is that?? glad your posting :l

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Missy - so glad to see you posting.

Now ... because I've got a mind like a ... what do you call the thing that the water runs through? ... you have to remind me ... do we capture you in January or Feb? We just need to know so we can clean up properly before your arrival.

Comment

Working...
                                X