• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year Underoos.....

Turf the shirt.

Kind regards,

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

At 12.30pm the therm-o-meter says 40C ...

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

At 9:25pm the temperature is -4C with light snow and wind out of the west.
        Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
        If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
        November 2, 2012

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

nicelife;1437699 wrote: Ok Mr G - you can be life guard!!!! But, remember Bridge isn't allowed to talk to the life guard.....

Missy - I'm a Jason Juicer. It is hard the first few days but after that you'll feel awesome!!

Take care in the heat!

I never realized messing in the garden takes such a lot of time. Time you hardly notice going by, and I'm sure it is helping my adiposity!

MWAH
          Thanks Nicey. Feeling a bit grumpy this arvo having had no carbos ........ and yes, the garden takes lots of time!! I transformed a small corner of mine today, but the soil is very dry, so it needs lots more compost and mulch attention over the next wee while.
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

tawnyfrog;1437749 wrote: Turf the shirt.

Kind regards,
            I agree. Mr B had a stain on one of his work shirts (currently working in an acute psych unit) last week. We bought a stain remover (guaranteed to remove blood/beetroot etc stains) from the supermarket for $13.99. It didn't work. Today we went to the Warehouse and got a new shirt for $10.99.
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Pool party!!!!
              Lifeguards are usually a bit up themselves anyway:H

Feel sorry for all the heatwavers. It's hot here, but a great breeze. Hope you're tucked up away from the cold Wally. Unbelievable to have people on one thread in both climates

I must look into Jason juicing.

All grown up stuff done. Time to be silly....
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

I'm up for silly. The organised list maker always has time for stuff...

Its not too bad heat wise here, just sitting around 32 and a breeze. Vegies are pretty much fusked though...memo to me...do not think you can grow that much stuff over summer....

Now planning things to do at Palm Cove...so much fun...

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

3.20pm. I just snapped at Wilson who wanted a cuddle. I.don't.do.cuddles when it's 42C. Doesn't she get that?

I've now let myself into Nicey's place and presume those lobster medallions in the fridge were meant for me. Not sharing with anyone but Olive. I've put all the Diet Cokes into the bin because we.don't.do.that.anymore. Right?

Now ... because I'm hot and bothered and seriously bored ... let me regale you with a story. After seeing Raggsy's pics and watching Luke New-win's cooking adventures I decided I really wanted one of those conical Vietnamese/Cambodian/Chinese style hats. The ones with a simple strap under the chin to stop them blowing off. Made from natural materials they act as eye protection, face and shoulder protection and when wet they act along the Coolgardie safe principle and keep your scone cool. Poifect! So I went to my local milk bar lady, a lovely young woman and said "you're from Cambodia - where can I get a ***make pointy shape with hands*** conical hat with a simple ***make chin strap shape with hands***. Oh yes, she says. Put flower on side. I get for you. Two weeks. Maybe $8-10 ok? Yep. Great, I say.

I.picked.it.up.today.

When it cools down a tad, I'll go and take a selfie and show you my purchase. Y'all'll be so jealous. Even MrG will want one to complement his already formidable sartorial cache.

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

myhappyplace;1437790 wrote:

Now planning things to do at Palm Cove...so much fun...
                    What's on your list so far? (Not interested in the grubby stuff ...)

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

tawnyfrog;1437792 wrote: What's on your list so far? (Not interested in the grubby stuff ...)
                      Thats ALL I had there so far...I'm up for suggestions on which island is better to snorkel at - there seems to be quite a few half day tours to Green Island?? and I'm just in mid restaurant google...love to do a balloon trip but have to consider the locusts need books for school...

Anyway....waiting for the selfie...is this going to be another tea cosy on the head trick?

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

myhappyplace;1437793 wrote: ...love to do a balloon trip but have to consider the locusts need books for school...
                        Nah, stuff 'em. They'll only read them.

I really like the train trip to Kuranda but that might be a bit lame for you. I also believe the Tiger Moth flight no longer operates up there - that was my fave.

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

myhappyplace;1437793 wrote: I'm just in mid restaurant google...
                          To be ph (I just made that up ... it means perfectly honest), I've had better food in Melbourne but it's the ombeeohnse that's special up there.

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

tawnyfrog;1437797 wrote: To be ph (I just made that up ... it means perfectly honest), I've had better food in Melbourne but it's the ombeeohnse that's special up there.
                            Ahhh...yes...I'm honestly looking forward to not catering for a few days...if it has a beachside setting it could be just baked beans on toast...and I'd be happy as a pig in the proverbial

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

I always thought there was a 'h' in ombeeohnse...

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

AND you can go for a midnight, moonlight stroll along the beach and know you're not going to get your lights punched out by a nightclub moron.

Comment

Working...
                                X