New Year Underoos.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year Underoos.....

tawnyfrog;1438082 wrote: Is this site as slow as a wet week today?
    Bit better now. Earlier I was ready to chuck the lappie and call Optus a la Bridge and her Telstra rant...took it as a sign that I was meant to be doing my work in the yard and such...

I shall not mention the word f.i.t.b.a.l.l.

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

TF, when you inflate your fit ball, can you see if they have instructions on how to de-inflate them?? I use mine a lot (mainly for sitting on as it helps my back!!) but cant work out how to deflate it to take to Sydney!
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Hiya Undies,

Swiss/fit balls are a noice compliment to.............HARD YAKKA!

I must share some news with you all.

I have mentioned that i've been feeling feverish these last few weeks, 5-6 weeks appx, and knowing this is not normal and not yer usual flu, i went to the docs last wednesday. He said to me you look well, what's going on? Anyway, we discussed my wayward past and medical history etc, and he sent me for yer kit and kaboodle full on no holds barred blood test straight away. He told me we need to test for this, and this, life threatening and potentially terminal illnesses. I went a deathly white on the inside, as i began to fathom the possibilities. I have been very scared since wednesday. For the first time in a very long time, i have began to actually value my life, and what it is to live. Even last year i still carried with me a bit of a 'i don't think i too much care what happens to me' attitude flipsided with a professional caring and kick arse attitude when working my day job in the community.

I am in tears of relief and joy as i write this.

This morning, i recieved a message from a nurse saying blood tests are in and doc wants to see you this morning by 11. I'm freaking at this stage! I got message at 11.30 but rang back, and doc was about to leave, so rather than wait for mondays scheduled appt to find out results, i asked to speak with him then. He took my call and stated i had a low grade chest infection and anti-biotic script is waiting for me there. I said, yes, yes, but what about the blood tests?! He said, no problem, they're ok, but i need you to pick up script this morning, can you? Yes, yes, but the blood tests, are you saying it's all clear? Yes, he said, now come in and get yer script.

Over these last few days, i have prayed, i have meditated, and i have sworn that if i get the all clear, i will never take my life for granted again. And i will not.

Thanks for listening Roo's. I am over the moon and so relieved. I suspect you will have an even BIGGER joy germ on your hands from here on in henceforth/with.

Ooroo, and have a good one. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Missy - does yours not have a plug that you can pull out?

so ... re the Cambodian Conical Hat:

This is what I wanted:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...t/viet8001.jpg

and this is what I got:

Please Grinder, as you're the resident fashionista, could you please please please find me a nice frock to complete this stunning summer ensemble? Much obliged.

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Sorry G - x-posted.

That's fanfuskingtastic news! Big PHEW! eh?

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

tawnyfrog;1438262 wrote: Sorry G - x-posted.

That's fanfuskingtastic news! Big PHEW! eh?
              Definately big PHEW!

I didn't realise how much i really valued my life until now. It's a bit of a cliche, but it has taken this health scare to whack me upside me brick head. I've kinda been cruising through life as Robbie williams describes in his 'i just wanna feel' song. I am a changed man.

Edit: Oh, and my overriding emotion? Grateful.

Love the ensemble!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Mr G, I must admit I was getting a bit concerned, and was planning to open my big mouth if and when it came up again.

I've had similar health scares myself. It's terrifying. To the point that you can think of nothing else until those results are in. Almost like you don't want to plan anything long term and your whole life is on hold. I was even a bit pissed off that other people (who didn't even know:H) were acting so normally around me. I'd also had a feeling of forboding that I would clean up my act addiction wise......just in time to find out that I had leukemia, or hadn't made it through unscathed after all......

Anyway, point is I really get it. And the silver lining is that you've just been bought face to face with it, and can enjoy the gratitude that comes from that little reality check.

Great news.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

byebyebridgetjones;1438275 wrote: Mr G, I must admit I was getting a bit concerned, and was planning to open my big mouth if and when it came up again.

I've had similar health scares myself. It's terrifying. To the point that you can think of nothing else until those results are in. Almost like you don't want to plan anything long term and your whole life is on hold. I was even a bit pissed off that other people (who didn't even know:H) were acting so normally around me. I'd also had a feeling of forboding that I would clean up my act addiction wise......just in time to find out that I had leukemia, or hadn't made it through unscathed after all......

Anyway, point is I really
                  get it. And the silver lining is that you've just been bought face to face with it, and can enjoy the gratitude that comes from that little reality check.

Great news.
                  Thanks Bridge.

A reality check it is. For the first time in my life, i have actually been scared, and concerned for my future welfare. Now, there is nothing that isn't possible.

Like others who care about you, I am very glad you are around and have come through unscathed too.

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Erm.......well it will certainly keep the sun off..... and the insects....... and any potential sexual advances....

I imagined the photobucket piccie would be more your style, except of course you would have teeth.....
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Guitarista;1438278 wrote: Thanks Bridge.

A reality check it is. For the first time in my life, i have actually been scared, and concerned for my future welfare. Now, there is nothing that isn't possible.

Like others who care about you, I am very glad you are around and have come through unscathed too.
                      Scares the fucking shit out of ya mate, doesn't it?:H

Never a better excuse or motivation to hit the ground running for your new life too.
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Mr G :l It does indeed scare the shit out of you when the medicos start talking like that.

I hope we will get to have a celebratory ginger beer at St Kilda when I'm there in a couple of weeks time.

Tawny, I am speechless :H:H

I can't remember whether I have told you all about the extra-ordinary planetary alignment that has taken place about what I do with my house while I am in Sydney. Short story is that one of the young woman who lived with me when she was in her teens, and then when she was 18 and pregnant and into the first six months of her son's life (henceforth known as X!) is coming back from Perth and will rent the house from me. She is back in NZ in 6 days time, and will come down to Wellington with her other sort-of sister who also lived with me. I've just come off the phone from a long discussion with her ...... a very joyous conversation about how X (now aged 7) is looking forward to being "home" and how when they went to see The Hobbit last night, her boy thought that Gandalf looked just like Mr B :H:H

We will be a full house for a week or two from the middle of this month - us, Mr B's boy, my two sort-of-daughter's and X. I cant wait!! It feel like it will be a family reunion, even though not very many of us are related to each other.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

tawnyfrog;1438260 wrote: Missy - does yours not have a plug that you can pull out?
                          yes, but I haven't been able to pull it out!! I've tried to do it carefully, but it seems to need a more robust method ...... and I dont think I can do that without wrecking the ball

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Mr G, glad all is well :l And a huge motivation to stick with the mental deals made with the universe. Done some of those this past while

Froglette, your photobucket piccie is what I imagined. The other makes a sort of Asian Sherlock Holmes statement...

Missy, is the fitball connection a push in one? as in an inny not an outy??

Leftover vegie curry, brown rice and yoghurt for lunch, pretty yum...

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

I am now thinking that I really need a Cambodian gardening hat.....not the Sherlock Holmes version, the other.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Now, Mr.G ... harness that feeling of joy and finish yer bloody album, will ya?

Missy - that sounds like the perfect arrangement for all concerned. Oh, and my fitball came with a little tool thingy - like a flat plastic spanner with which you lever out the plug.

36C today and it feels a lot better than yesterday's horror although I must admit I've been distracted working in the shade on .... guess what ...?

Comment

Working...
                                X