Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year Underoos.....

byebyebridgetjones;1442578 wrote: .
    Mind out that you don't burn your giraffe eyelashes.
    I know.
    I know.
    It is such.a.problem. On a daily basis. I had them thinned out last week and still they flap around in the breeze.

Nobody understands. Nobody .............. :upset:

(can't be arsed looking for other smilie gizmos)

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

When you blink a lot, do you take off?
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Folk sure are getting fired up about these ovens. The pressure's on, so much so that they've resorted to personal insults. I'm just gonna have to make do with a weber for now, but i'm taking in all the techniques and hope to learn summit for the farm ron.

Exciting news in G world Undies. I'm unpacking some stuff (about time) and found a CD of a harmonica playing mate who passed away in may last year. I'm excitement cause his recordings are very rare. He obviously gave me one a few years ago (it's a 2004 recording), and i've just played it and it's a beeewdy. Now i can learn one of his songs and do a version at his tribute gig coming up soon. Noice. Wonder if his family would be interested if we ran off a few copies to give away. A lot of folk would love a copy. Food for thought bayside.

Back to the bamboo and cane oven forum.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Quick thought for Missy.

You mentioned supplements recently. I meant to mention to you that i've been taking L-glutamine powder these last few weeks, and i can't be sure cause i'm a bit of a dopey one, but i reckon it does reduce cravings a significant, to huge amount. Many folk round here find the same.

All the best with it all.

Back to the 'was jesus gay?' thread for awhile. Ooroo.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Holy snappers ... I'm still awake. Did Jesus wear Birkenstocks?

Anyway ... until another oven builder rises to the fore, I ain't publishing no more pickshas of the Taj Mahoven. No sireeeee.

Nighters. mwah mwah for Little Leon.

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Hi all
              Froggy, great idea on your frame...and why have you taken up residence in my washing machine?....G, good band name. Good luck with your new band.....had a good crowd at the Sr. dance last night....having a crowd of teens over tonight for my kids sweet 16...4 of them sleeping over, but outside in a tent...later folks...

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Evening Gang, just throwing it out there but how about we organise a sydney catch up for those in Sydney? If there is any interest I will start a new thread and we can get things moving. Either just us for a feed or a picnic with the familes etc.

What are your thoughts?
                If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Morning all! bloody hell, its a hottie already...cute frog Bird, hope you survived your kids party? how many kids do you have btw?

byebyebridgetjones;1442580 wrote: Fuck off. When are you? :H:H
                    :H you KNOW I wont be posting photos :H, I will though show and tell on this one...

Picked up big locust last night, he took us out for dinner and gave us all gifts...a stay with a long lost cousin has made him appreciative...very nice to have him back. HOWEVER, the gift for The Lamp was this....

I'm now deaf....

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Morning Bird, Happs, and bell ringers everywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kPYese-Hl8M[/video]]Anita Ward - Ring My Bell - YouTube

There are bells EVERYWHERE in todays society aren't there? Struth, i've just done a guided meditation with old Deepak Chopra and what happens at the end of it? Chop's rings a bloody bell. Then you've got yer church bells ringin all over the joint being a sundee. And tomorrow? Tomorrow i'll be at the gym boxing, and yep, you guessed it......ding, ding round 1 Gman. I tell's ya, there's no quieting the feckers. Now we've got a bell for sex! Crikey. More tea vicker?

How are you going there Marty? A catch up is a lovely idea, though for me, i'm not travelling to Sydney anytime soon, although maybe this year sometime. Have a beaut and safe, sober sunday mate.

I am exceedingly excellent and behold the abundance that surrounds me.

Ooroo.

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

byebyebridgetjones;1442549 wrote: Make sure you send him a copy of the book so he can bone up on it.
                        I'm quite sure you'll never see him again.
                        Now why did we not think of this before?
                        another man? BONE UP? :upset::upset::upset::upset:
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

byebyebridgetjones;1442557 wrote: Yeah come on....show.us.em.....But
                          Yeah come on...show us em....Butt
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Hi there Roos. Looking more closely at the oven construction it reminds me of a kiva oven. A kiva oven is what native americans used to cook bread in.

Have a wonderful day folks. Great finding those tunes G!

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

I am in awe of TF's oven too. Glad I decided not to enter this particular competition :H

Martye, I'd be in for a meet up, but dont plan it around me - I'm not there until early MArch, then commuting between Sydney and NZ for a few months, then have six weeks in the US, then will be focussed on finding somewhere to live. But if I'm free when you organise it I'll definitely be there!

Guitarista;1442595 wrote: Quick thought for Missy.

You mentioned supplements recently. I meant to mention to you that i've been taking L-glutamine powder these last few weeks, and i can't be sure cause i'm a bit of a dopey one, but i reckon it does reduce cravings a significant, to huge amount. Many folk round here find the same.
                              Yep - I picked up some L-Glut last week G, along with some Thiamin as recommended by MrB. Interestingly when I googled it, it said that long term thiamin deficiency is commonly found in alcoholics.

And boy I needed it today!! Got up early to clean the bathrooms and floors so they could dry before everyone woke up and left dirty foot marks on them, and then was planing on spending the rest of the day recreating. Had just finished the floors when the phone rang - Mum's Dr from the Rest Home saying that she was really unwell, that they didn't know what was wrong and had called an ambulance to take her to ED. When I got there her blood pressure was really high, oxygen intake really low, and almost totally unresponsive. They thought that she might be bleeding in her stomach, and/or that her heart valves were finally giving up (she has had congestive heart failure for about 18 years!!!) and/or that she had kidney failure. Bloods, ECG, x-rays got done and ED Dr told me that if I had other family members that I should notify them as soon as possible and asked for instructions in case of deterioration or sudden emergency. "This is it" I was thinking and started to put a plan in place in my head for what needed to be done, who needed to be contacted, who I could delegate some things I need to do for work this week to etc etc etc.

Brilliant medical registrar comes along, talks to me, and suggests that it might "just" be pneumonia, and puts her on antibiotics. Half an hour later she is asleep (as opposed to comatose) and an hour after that she wakes up, perky as!! Completely away with the fairies (she kept thinking she was in a supermarket and that the nurses station was a coffee bar :-)), but able to respond, and talk and with a relatively normal heart rate and blood pressure. She will stay in overnight for observation, but they expect to have her back at the rest home tomorrow.

I'm sure it is one of those events that will set her health back a notch, but that has been happening anyway. She is 88 after all!
                              I got home about 20 mins ago feeling a bit shattered, but Mr B had vacuumed, cleaned the rest of the house and put a pork roast on, and had a bottle of my favorite sparkling peach juice in the fridge so I'm putting my feet up for a few hours and then having an early night!
                              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Good Lord Missy. Just as well you did have your vitamins under your kilt on a day like that. Lost a friend to pnuemonia very suddenly 18 months ago. She didn't even know she had it. Only in her 50's, so it can be pretty insidious.

Just found out today that an acquaintance has a large ovarian tumour and a shadow on her liver. She's a non drinker and always has been. 44 years old. Unbelievable.

So naturally enough I have been having a bit of a quiet think today. This girl and I are very similar people. We look alike, sound alike, think alike to the point that people get us mixed up. I must admit it's floored me a bit.

I've been meaning to look into Thiamine supplements for eons Missy. Thanks for the reminder. I'll be really interested if you feel like updating us on your progress.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X