New Year Underoos.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year Underoos.....

Sounds like a lovely ride Techie! Glad you are staying clear of Nancy - none of us need those sort of dramas in our lives!

TF - can I join others in my complete awe of your oven!!!!

I've had a bit of a week. I had a week away from Wellington scheduled for work, and with Mum being so unwell, I really wasn't sure whether to come away or not. Anyway, my sister came down fro up NOrth to be with Mum (I have a brother here as well, but he fusses and "takes charge" and is rude to medical staff, so I hate leaving her in his care) so I've been away working really long days.

Mum isn't good at all. We've just about lost her three times this week, but she rallies. She is currently back at the Rest Home, but is going to be admitted today as now needing full-time hospital care. She is going to really hate that. This last bout has apparently really taken it out of her, and my sister says that she has lost a lot of the cognitive functioning that she had before she got sick (which was gradually leaving her anyway).

I'l see her tonight when I get home - I feel sad but not really distressed. She has increasingly been speaking over the last year about having had enough of life .... our task now is to make sure that her remaining time with us is as peaceful and comfortable as they can be.

And after that I will go home to my very full house - Mr B reports that there are bodies all over the floor, and the constant sound of DVDs, music and computer games. His 15 year old and my foster daughter's 7 year old have apparently taken a real shine to each other Looking forward to being home in chaos for a few days - feels like it will be good for the soul :h
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Zapping out the door Undies! Missy all the best for your Mum.:l dont have time to read much further back but...

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Miss Behaving;1445644 wrote: Sounds like a lovely ride Techie! Glad you are staying clear of Nancy - none of us need those sort of dramas in our lives!

TF - can I join others in my complete awe of your oven!!!!

I've had a bit of a week. I had a week away from Wellington scheduled for work, and with Mum being so unwell, I really wasn't sure whether to come away or not. Anyway, my sister came down fro up NOrth to be with Mum (I have a brother here as well, but he fusses and "takes charge" and is rude to medical staff, so I hate leaving her in his care) so I've been away working really long days.

Mum isn't good at all. We've just about lost her three times this week, but she rallies. She is currently back at the Rest Home, but is going to be admitted today as now needing full-time hospital care. She is going to really hate that. This last bout has apparently really taken it out of her, and my sister says that she has lost a lot of the cognitive functioning that she had before she got sick (which was gradually leaving her anyway).

I'l see her tonight when I get home - I feel sad but not really distressed. She has increasingly been speaking over the last year about having had enough of life .... our task now is to make sure that her remaining time with us is as peaceful and comfortable as they can be.

And after that I will go home to my very full house - Mr B reports that there are bodies all over the floor, and the constant sound of DVDs, music and computer games. His 15 year old and my foster daughter's 7 year old have apparently taken a real shine to each other Looking forward to being home in chaos for a few days - feels like it will be good for the soul :h
        you have my prayers!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Miss Behaving;1445644 wrote: our task now is to make sure that her remaining time with us is as peaceful and comfortable as they can be.
          All the best Missy. :l

Your house with the kids running round sounds like bliss to me, well, for a time.

Hope Nancy's ok Techie. Booze will increase her sugar levels and cause all sorts of problems combined with her diabetes i'm guessing. Sheesh. Your bike ride sounds a real treat mate. I do similar here with a jog along the beach, a swim, then a casual mosey on down to a cafe for brunch and a people watch. Very relaxing and good for the soul.

I came across a nurse Bridget this week, well not came across, i should say i had cause to visit a hospital to see somebody and i was chaparoned by nurse Bridget. Golly gosh, she was stunning in every way. Efficient, friendly, warm, sharp.....struth, just how our Jones would be in real loife i thought.

Saucy, you were up early. You'll be pulling a POETS i'm tipping.

Frog, stop staring at your oven and mow the grass or something will ya?

'ave a bonza day whatever you're doing, and put a smile on your dial cause you know something? No matter what, everything will be ok. 'the Universe'.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Happy Friday!!

Tawny - Oscar the cadaver dog said you're his very favourite and swimming pal. I loved the way you ate ALL of FH's food and he said ZIP..... You do have that look about you girl!! Throb you lots, and hope you have a quiet day today. I don't remember signing your pass to say you could stay up late, but we'll let it slide this time!!

Glad things have settled down on 'Lurve Street' Techie. I suggest you never, ever, make eye contact again! I could go one of your amazing breakfasts right now!

It is sad about your mum Missy, and I hope things go well for you all. Shalom to your mum!

Mr G (usual salute of admiration) - isn't there a song about asking to be taken to the river and washed down???

Butterfly kiss to wee Leon. Big hugs to his mummy! Isn't it weird how parents lose their identity when they have children. So, having said that, big hugs to Sunny....

Oh Rags - please don't mention that ice-cream again.....unless you're sending me a truck a load as a surprise. Then, you may hint!!!!! I reckon that ice-cream is better than ..... I really shouldn't say it here..... How are the teddies coping in the heat?

Take care everyone. It's gonna be a real hottie. I'm leaving the command post asap this arvo to get the pool ready for any drop ins..... I've got enough ice-blocks for all of you, so don't be shy!!

Hugs to Reggie and Olive!

Love yous all - mean it!!

Your girl, Nicey.
            It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
            Mother Theresa

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Guitarista;1445698 wrote: All the best Missy. :l

No matter what, everything will be ok. 'the Universe'.
              So right Mr G. The Universe always provides - we just have to our wits about us to recognise it and allow it to be.....

As I always say it is, as it is.......
              It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
              Mother Theresa

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Morning Undies and Esteemed International Acts,

And in no particular order... Techie - I'm glad Nancy's sorted. You know, she's actually got a lot of balls. I'd never be game enough to ask a bloke if he found me attractive. What if he replied "nup, sorry, not in the slightest ..."

Missy - I so hear you about mum. Mine is the same age and almost every week she tells me she's "had enough". Unfortunately (??), she has no life-threatening ailments but cognitive function is going down the gurgler rapidly. I hope your house-full of hale and hearty young things will be a pleasant distraction.

The Happs by now will be winging their way to Cairns for a dirty weekend. Should we set up a roster to ring them every half hour?

MrG - I'm most envious of the sea breeze you must be getting in your neck of the woods. I was still up at 2am eating strawberries and waiting for some relief. Even my wet sarong dried out. Only expecting 30C today which will seem like a mild summer day after yesterday's horror.

Nicey - I throb Oscar the cadaver dog. We had some interesting conversations about his work. Would you mind asking FH to stock up on some lobster tails? Thank you.

So - as we all need something to look forward to ... after having missed the family christmas do this year, my brother and sister and their families are coming up on Australia Day. I'm sooo looking forward to doing some OTT cooking and spending time with my favourite (don't tell anyone) niece and having a little chat with her "difficult" 17-yo brother.

No 'ists' appointments until next Tuesday so it's time to have some productive ME TIME.

Waving to Reggie and Olive.

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Morning Rooters,

I'm still confoosed -was Nancy drunk or just the diabetes being untreated...?
                  Missy I can't imagine what's its like to nurse your Mum like you are :l
                  Oi G xo
                  I'm off to see James (4th time this week - goal achieved for week 2 of the programme) go me. Then we'll pop round to the neighbours for a swim...I'll get some zooper doopers for the kids.
                  Have a goodun' you lovely rooters.
                  Xo
                  Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

A Better Me;1445752 wrote: Morning Rooters,

Oi G xo
                    I'm off to see James (4th time this week - goal achieved for week 2 of the programme) go me. Then we'll pop round to the neighbours for a swim...I'll get some zooper doopers for the kids.
                    Xo
                    G'day Grinder. I think Nancy had had quite a few, as well as diabetes untreated.

Good stuff on the James front. I'm orf to catch up with him now too, and then a swim in the beautiful bay. Have a magical day mate.

Ahoy there Frog. Yep, a noice breeze 'tis here. Lot's of kite boarders at me local beach which has henceforth piqued me interest in the game.

L8tr, Yo! :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

A Better Me;1445752 wrote: Morning Rooters,

Oi G xo
                      Xo
                      Hiya Cakes. The woman just had a diabetic event I'm not sure of all the circumstances. You have a wonderful day !
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

tiptronic_ct;1445380 wrote: :hallo: BridgeyPoo

Raggsy: here's a link on how to opt out of the beta PB - How do I opt out of Beta and use the old site? : Photobucket Support
                        Thanks Tippy.

I think it is a computer problem as the left click isn't working on other things either.
                        Am just about to sing computer place and see if they do house calls.

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Have just returned from the tip with half a 44 gallon drum... the pizza oven will get under way next week.
                          Sorry no piccies working... see above post.

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Rags;1445843 wrote: Have just returned from the tip with half a 44 gallon drum... the pizza oven will get under way next week.
                            Sorry no piccies working... see above post.
                            Cool stuff Rags.

Were there any high backed Elizabethan chairs or yer corrugated style perspex roofing sheets laying around?

Yo!

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Guitarista;1445441 wrote: Night Happs.

Whats a karcher?
                              I've got one. It's bright yellow. Works a dream for getting the mud out from between my teeth. It's a bit tough on my sandstone pathway though.

Comment

New Year Underoos.....

Guitarista;1445863 wrote: Cool stuff Rags.

Were there any high backed Elizabethan chairs or yer corrugated style perspex roofing sheets laying around?

Yo!
                                :H:H:H

Comment

Working...
                                X