X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - January 2013

NoraC;1439385 wrote: New Life Diary
    Hi Nora,

That sounds like a great idea, how inspiring. I take it you weren't feeling too well today? That tired feeling passes.

Well, didn't even feel tempted to drink alcohol tonight, except for a brief moment or two at the gym. I think i can connect it with carbohydrates, because the craving seemed to coincide with an energy loss during gym (burning carbohydrates). I'm also working at giving up some of the foods i used to consume with wine. Soy milk and nice non alcoholic drinks are now going to become my treat. Wine is just EVIL and i'm beginning to hate it.

Anyhow, i hope everybody is doing well. Off to get some takeaway (i know, how naughty!), and i'll be back later to read up on everybody's progress.
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Good morning,
      A beautiful day to be alive, coffee and toast catching up on the news of the day (well maybe can pass on that). Son up and off to school and I feel really good, I guess it takes time as others have noted to clear your body of the alcohol even if it was one mis-step last week.
      Eating better and now riding my bicycle and using treadmill alternate days makes me feel better physically and in turn helps my mind work better. Not smoking has also made a difference in my well being and I still take it one day at a time and thankful for all of you.
      FT
      AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
      As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Gloomy morning here, and yes, it matches my mood.

I apologize for my absence. I haven't been fair to you, my friends, who have shown me so much love and encouragement by not posting.

I haven't had an AF day since New Year's eve. Nothing excessive, mind you, but being AF isn't my main concern right now. The reason I've been depressed and quiet is because things aren't so good on the homefront, and that's not something I wish to discuss on the internet.

So-o-o, yes, I would feel better if I didn't drink at all, exercised, and ate healthily, etc. Like Kuya, one day I will be perfectly imperfect.

I'm doing the best I can.

Today is Day 1.
        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Morning Perps!!
          hi and bye fow now
          Monday at work...but...real quick ...I have a 20 year old that is for sale for cheap. He know everything and is smarter than Mom and Dad and does not feel it is necessary to let us know if he coming home at night or not...so I AM IN A MOOD....and trying no to take it out on everyone else
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

oh...updated resume emailed this morning

Comment

Hi folks, not a lot to say, but wishing you all well.

Comment

Hello all,

Just checking in. Sounds like everyone has their challenges today. Frequent - you sound fantastic - I need to get the exercise on a regular basis thing going. I am on day 14 today and feel ready to take it to the next step - eating healthy and exercise.
                Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

mama bear;1439836 wrote: oh...updated resume emailed this morning
                  Way to start off the Monday! Good luck!
                  Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Morning all!!!

Busy at work but wanted to check in. Casey took Scott for echocardiogram today so I didn't have to miss work. He has happointments Wed, Thurs and Fri.

Juja - I understand. I really understand. :l:l

Mama - good luck on the job. And, no thanks on the 20 year old. Been there, done that. :upset:
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I am gonna kill that child
                      already got a call om the resume...a little spooky how fast it is happening

Comment

Mama bear, no thanks on the 20 I have enough with the 16 I have and my time will come LMAO.
                        Wish I would get feelers on my resumes, priority to stop all this travel no matter what job it is. This being home and having a life is making a HUGE difference.
                        Thanks all
                        FT
                        AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                        As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Mama - Tell the 20 year old know-it-all that he is welcome to come and go as he pleases as soon as he starts paying rent. My nephew is currently learning that the hard way.
                          What job are you applying for? Seems like I'm going to be stuck in mine for a while so I better adjust my attitude.

First 5 day work week in a while, I hope I survive!
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Wow. Woke up super early to get the house ready for the cleaning gals. Felt really tired all morning. Plopped on the sofa for a power nap and just woke up 2 1/2 hrs later. Today is the first day that everyone is at work and school and I've got my days back. I guess I needed to catch up on some rest. Wow.
                            I hope this isn't another episode of PAWS starting up. Funny I've been having loads of hot flashes too. Oops, the cat's out of the bag. I'm not really Barbie. Lol. Weigh in gal pals (you can always begin with "Ive heard that..." if you dont want to blow your cover) is it normal to have many, like 8 or so, in a day. I find I have to dress in layers so I can take some clothes off but still have some on : )
                            I'm going to go with - the day is MINE!!! I shall do what I please today. Merry Chrimbo to me! I made it through the Bermuda Triangle of Drinking Holidays!

Get back to me girls. Is it hot in here?
                            ~n
                            :notes:
                            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Uhoh - Barbie is going thru menopause. :H:H That sounds about the way it was for me, Nurdl. I feel for you. I even had a little fan on my desk here at work. You should have seen me with my face up in it trying to cool down. :H
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

you new nickname could be Marbie!!! menopause barbie!!
                                K9- I got a call out of the blue...sent my resume and BAM....regional manager over 6 properties.....old deals bought in foreclosure but they didn't bat an eye at my salary request, so we shall see

Comment

Working...
                                X