One Step at a Time - January 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FT- he was still sweet at 16...he has texted me about 5 times today saying he's sorry
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Awe great mama, regardless how tough they want to be they are still our little kids at heart.
      AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
      As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Mama - is it closer to home? A lot more money? When do you hear???????
        Fingers, toes, eyes crossed for you.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

20k a year at least...travel to multiple offices
          thanks for the well wishes
          eating home made chili and gonna watch Netflix
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi friends,
            A busy longer day at work, and have been working this evening on that backlog of charity thank you notes.

I've mentioned here in passing that I started a new diet for my gerd in late November. This is a life-long condition, but the diet seems better than the one I was on previously. The new one is low -carb, similar to a Paleo diet. I am surprised how satisfied I feel, the foods stay with me better than the whole grains I have given up. I can eat more restaurant foods, which tend to be higher fat.

I have been able to reduce my meds to usually 2-3 TUMS per day. I am now reading a book on low carb eating called Why We Get Fat. I am not overweight, but it was mentioned by the author of the diet I follow. Very interesting, I'm going to read more now.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sun - that is great! I'm so glad that it is helping you. I really need to start paying attention to what I eat. I know that I would feel better.

Mama - I'm having homemade chili for dinner too. I hope that you get this job. Sounds perfect. :l

Well - I am going to go get my dinner now too. I'll be back later. :h
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

2.45am, unable to sleep, so I thought I would log on here. Insomnia is awful, I used to drink to help, but not now.

Comment

Paleo diet, maybe I should check into that. I gained 5 lbs over Christmas! It just caught up with me, sneaky fat. You would not have believed the stuff our lovely patrons brought in for the employees of our library. That stuff is like AL--I know it's there and I crave it! Tomorrow's a co-worker's birthday, so another cake.:upset:

Oh, Mama, I going to send out a prayer to our higher being asking that you get the job. You deserve something good.

nurdl, dear, your secret is out. But then again, you are evidently much younger than some of us here, so that's in your favor.

Hubs is having a tough time at work, and I'm going to try to be more supportive. He needs me, and I'm going to let him talk as much as he needs to. Patience is required. We've both been so stressed out that we've been unavailable to one another. Time to regroup.

I'm planning to walk before I go to work tomorrow instead of spending time in bed with my laptop. I want to exercise again, but I find it hard to stick to anything when my days are topsy-turvy, as they are now. I'm better with structure, but I need to be flexible.

Hi K-9, FT, Sunny, Paula, Belles, and Dottie Belle. Anyone else around? Hello-o-o-o.

Day one down. I'm sure I'll sleep better, and feel better tomorrow with no AL in my system.

Nighters, all.
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Paula - I hate it when I can't sleep! :l Poor thing.

Juja - I need to get my exercise schedule down too. I'm going to start using the exercise bike! I just have to. This is ridiculous. I am still planning on signing up for the zumba class again. Need to do that in 2 weeks. I hope that the stress improves for you & your hubby. That is hard. :l

Well - think I'm going to crochet or read my book for a bit before bed.

Lots of love & hugs to everyone. :h
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora and Juja, my excercise bike alongside my healthy eating plan, is I hope going to get me back 0n track to a healthy lifestyle. My hip is so much better since I had the steroid injection, so I hope to be able to excercise regularly now.

Comment

That's great Paula! I have my bike right there. I just need to actually get on it & pedal. :H
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Paula, glad to hear you are building in some exercise now. The steriod injections are short-lived, but if you build in some exercise now, those benefits will be long-lasting.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Good morning.
                            Yesterday spent 30 minutes riding my bike in the am, had some coffee and brunch then 30 minutes walking on the threadmill reading my book and finished up with 10 minute stretching. Wow the feeling was awesome and followed with a protein shake and a nice shower.... Feeling better each day and loving it.
                            FT
                            AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                            As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

The sun is out, the sun is out! Love it. Checked the thermometer--30 degrees still, so no walking for me. Due to my hip, I can no longer move fast enough to build up any heat.:upset:

Today's going to be a better day, I just know it. I'll keep my opinions to myself at work, not eat any birthday cake, and be kind and patient with husband in the evening. Oh, and NO AL.
                              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hello All! Just checking in as I'm busy traveling for work today. I have not started the week with exercise the way I planned, so I'm envious of those of you who are doing it!! I did have a protein shake for breakfast yesterday and am working on the healthy eating - just time is so short. Hopefully I'll get to the gym tonight.!

I'm happy to be on Day 15 and just trying to focus on ODAT as thoughts of "can I really do this forever...?" enter into my mind from time to time lately. This is where I usually get hung up - I think can I realistically make this change forever? And all these arguments for what to do in awkward business or social occasions enter my mind. I know it's the addiction talking - I just need to focus on today and how much better I feel when I'm not drinking.

Hope you all have a wonderful AF day!
                                Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Working...
                                X