Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - January 2013

Hi Everyone!

Mama - I will keep everything crossed for that job...you DO deserve something good. You're an awesome lady so I know things will work out for you...love you! :h

Ok, so my daughter is going through some teenage girl angst. About 2 years ago she was really good friend with this boy, Josiah, who ended up moving to Oregon. Well, his family is back in town visiting and she was able to spend some time with him at our friends house, and I guess they have serious crushes on each other, BUT his mom and dad have made it very clear that her and him are not to text or have any contact with each other after he leaves. They say that he gets too serious about her. I personally don't agree and dont see anything wrong with them talking on Facebook or texting. Well now she is upset of course, she's at home crying and I am sitting here at work feeling helpless. I told her I'd take her out to lunch and we can talk...but I don't know what to say Lord I hope I survive this teenage drama.

I need some of your motherly advice =)

Love,
    K9

p.s. He is 16 and she is 15
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Morning perps!

Oh K9 - that's tough. I do not understand their position. What is the harm in keeping in touch on Facebook?? I feel for your daughter but there's not much you can do if the other parents are forbidding him to do something. (To be honest, if that is they way they are, it's probably better that she stay away from him. They must be controlling. ) This is a very hard age that she is at right now. All you can do is give her hugs and a shoulder to cry on.

Juja - I'm glad that today is going to be a better day!! :l

Got to get back to work - hugs to everyone!

PS - Belles - I get those same thoughts. I'm really trying to not think of it past today. :l
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

are they Mormon or Amish??? seriously?????

crazy, busy, day...nuff said
        have not even eaten lunch yet
        may meet potential employer for coffee this afternoon....
        Belle - you CAN.....but let's focus on a day at a time for right now...ok.......
        love you guys
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

They are Jehovah's Witnesses (as we are), so that explains it a BIT, but even though I'm very religious I do allow a bit of leeway here and there. I think he's just immature and they know it!

I took Sierra out to a nice lunch and I think she's feeling better. We'll get past this...and then next week it will be something else!

Comment

finally home after an iinterview after work...it went awesome
            they want me to come to Tampa Saturday for a second interview
            yeah
            eating frozen pizza,,,yuck
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Congrats Mama! I knew you would knock their socks off! Ugh...frozen pizza reminds me of my drinking days...by beer 8 I'd be starving!

Sierra and I had a great lunch together, got lots of talking in...now we're going to Walmart after work to look around, that always cheers us up a bit.

I am off in 8 minutes, but who's counting.

See all you lovely peeps tomorrow!!

Comment

Hi friendly perps,
                I'm delighted to see the collective spirits picking up here, especially for you, Juja. You are doing well on day two, and we would love to help you move forward.

MamaB, sounds like you are going to nail that new job.

Ft, I love riding my bike, but it is too cold now. Probably my next chance will be on Sanibel Island Florida in March.

Belles, I have been working on quitting for so long that the social things didn't phase me when I finally did quit. I'm done. Amen.

Nora, the strength I hear developing in you is delightful. It sounds like now you are ready, you said before you were not.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam,
                  I guess living in Orlando does have its advantages when wanting to ride out doors this time of year - :-)
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Mama, when will you know about the job? Did they say when they'd make a decision? Oh, I hope, I hope, I hope.

K-9 my bet is on that young man breaking bad one day. Overly strict parents lead to rebellion, or so I've witness, unless he's totally submissive. Seems totally unnecessary to me.

Belles, day 15?!?! Wow. My congrats to you. I want to get there. Had some bad cravings at work today, and tried to remember bits and pieces of what I'd read here to challenge them. I need the one thing that resonates to stop me from hitting the store on my way home. I'll find it.

Today was a good day. I kept myself calm and self-contained, minded my own business, was pleasant to all, and did my job. Sometimes I voice my opinion, and am frequently wrong on how I perceive things should be done. Hence, stfu, Juja. I didn't go over my WW points, and didn't have any AL, either. T'was a good day.

Was reading O during dinner, and was reminded about weight around the middle as a predictor of diabetes. I measured myself, and I need to lose 5" to get to the max of 35! Good grief. That's lot of fat!:H

I think tomorrow will be good, too, if I keep the same path. I will walk after work.

Love to ya's.
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hey all -

Mama - I am so HAPPY for you. That is so great! This is so exciiting. :l:h

FT - You are sounding great. Great to get out & ride your bike this morning. Sounds wonderful.

Juja - I am so glad that you did have a better day today. :l You sound good. I am really needing to work on my weight. I do not want to develop diabetes and I am a prime candidate.

Belles - Day 15 is great!! Are you traveling locally for your job?

K9 - I'm glad that Sierra is better. That's hard.

Sun - It does seem like our spirits are picking up. Thanks for the kind words. I do feel more focused. I am trying to concentrate more on the overall picture instead of thinking about controlling the alcohol so much. I have not told myself that I'm never drinking again. I am not drinking today.

I need to go balance my checkbook. YUCK!!!

Hugs to everyone. I haven't seen Dottie lately. I hope she is doing ok.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning everyone, 4.30 am here. I sleep for a few hours, then I'm wide awake. Hope you all have a good day.

Comment

Oh Paula - I'm so sorry that you're still having insomnia. Do you take anything to help you sleep? That is just such a terrible feeling. I hope that you can go back to bed & get some sleep. :l
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I have tried antihistamine, but it only gives me a few hours, I read for a while and will go back to bed. Been reading your journey Nora, it's lovely, gives me faith.

Comment

Ahh Paula - thank you. You are so sweet. :l
                              I know some people that swear by melatonin but I've never tried it.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Paula, I couldn't get to sleep til 1:30 last night. I'll have a long day, but I've made it through before and I'll make it again. Auto-pilot it is.

Btw, lots of women don't sleep well. It's a very common occurence, especially as we age.

Also, I've found that if I move to the couch, it helps. Change of venue, leaving everything behind? I don't know, but sometimes it works. Just a thought.
                                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Working...
                                X