One Step at a Time - January 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Splenda isn't dangerous cuz I love it....

Good job, k9!!!! I'm so happy for you! That's a great accomplishment!

I still don't know how to get the motivation and energy to exercise.... I could only do 2 or 3 days and I quit. I'm a big quitter .... Just so low in energy... I know I need to go see a doctor to get my blood work checked out ... That's in march . Maybe it's my thyroid.
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Sunbeam;1444931 wrote: So I'm sorry, you are offering your best information, but hit on a sore point with me.
      That certainly wasn't my intention. My apologies.
      AF 6 years
      NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Ally
        my blood work last physical showed almost no iron, b12 or D. Now I have prescriptions for all three
        maybe just go for a slow stroll around the neighborhood???

Don't laugh...both of my boys played football are built like gorillas. I could only do ONE girlie push up last weekend, so this morning I got up and did FIVE.....and I am gonna keep doing them!!!!

did I type sign instead of sing??? You can ask K9.....I type too damn fast...
        YAY on Day3!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I just started using Stevia SweetLeaf SweetDrops in lieu of Splenda. I really like it. I had tried the powdered Stevia in the past but I found that it did not dissolve well. The drops work really well and I found them in the natural foods section.
          K9- Proud of you for stopping the ciggs! That is awesome. Everything I have read is that it takes 3 days for nicotine to stop working on the dopamine receptors in the brain, so you should start regulating soon! And it is awesome that you are breaking up your routine and switching things up, that will definitely help with the quit!
          Ally-I know most of the time I don't have the energy or the motivation to exercise, and that has been one of the biggest roadblocks to weight loss; and I know that one of the only way to create more energy is to use some...anyway, I find if I force myself out the door to do some physical activity, I usually fill better for doing it, and better physically afterward. It really surprises me how ok "working out" can be. I also find that if I do something that I already enjoy (at least when I am feeling good or normal) it helps. I started doing Aqua Zumba because I have always enjoyed water sports and dancing, and really it is wicked fun, and you get to make a fool of yourself, which I excel at! Keep in mind with the MWO program, light exercise 3x a week is all that is asked of you. If you start out too crazy you are sure to burn out. Better to start slow, get that under your belt, and then slowly add more.
          Fallen- I have Fibro and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as well as a slew of other things. it definitely doesn't make this journey any easier, at least in the beginning. I know I am either have a serious flare right now or some SE from the Topa. At times I was drinking to help with the pain, but in all it was just a vicious cycle. I know its a difficult road to travel but take good care of yourself...eat well, rest, take your supplements, do light exercise, have a massage, do something that makes you smile and laugh!

I am 18 days AF and vegetarian. Meeting with my psychiatrist today, talking to her about topa SE and some other concerns. I also need to get another appointment with my naturopathic doctor and get more blood drawn since I'm close to a month. It is crazy how quickly the time has gone by. (And how easily and positively!)
          :earth: Tree23

Comment

welcome to the family tree!
            ha ha....I made a joke!

Comment

Hi Tree - nice to meet you. I'm a vegetarian too.

Mama - you cracked me up.

Got to get back to work but just wanted to say hi. I'm in a bad mood. I'm sick of dealing with the shit here at work.

Talk to you all later.:h
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I live tree jokes...A lot of people of work thought "Did you have a nice Christmas, Tree?" was hilarious! Very happy to be here. Thanks Mama Bear!
                :earth: Tree23

Comment

steak and baked potatoes...my favorite
                  Nora....get home and get some rest and take the AB...Ok??/ Stress triggers you really bad
                  gonna flop
                  long busy day

Comment

Hi Mama!

Comment

Tree, so your real name is tree?
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Mama - you know me well. I took an antabuse before I saw your post. :H I've had a crummy day and then just got an e-mail from my Dad about my Aunt. Surgery is not possible for the lung cancer. Too many spots. Dr was surprised that it came back in the lungs, usually comes back in the stomach (originally was cervical or uterine cancer). They might give her more chemo, sees another Dr next week to talk about that. Very sad - sounds like there's not much they can do.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Tree - you sound really good & positive. Really glad to have you here.

Thanks for all the discussion on the sugar/sugar alternatives everyone. Very interesting discussions. I know that I have got to do something. Today I didn't even worry about it. Wrong frame of mind. But, I'll try to start working on it. I agree that the key to exercise is to just start. I need to do that too. If I just force myself to do something, I'm sure it will help.
                          I never heard of Aqua Zumba. Sounds like fun. I would love to find that around here.

Ok - going to go chill. Take care everyone.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt Nora. :l

Comment

Thanks Fly. I was up there in November visiting my parents. My Aunt & Uncle live next door. She really was not doing well then. Sounds like she is not going to improve.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

hugs Nora.....I hope your aunt is comfortable and pain free.....
                                hi fly!!
                                off to work
                                gonna pull a Nora and be late

Comment

Working...
                                X