One Step at a Time - January 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha! Perp makes me laugh. Husband, 2 sons and the girlfriend just took everything in one trip down the city street to the dorm. I'm back to car sitting duty. It's not a bad gig. I can read and post while I'm waiting. Who's around?
    :notes:
    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

I like car sitting duty. :H:H I can finally be alone for a couple minutes.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

So how is today Nora? The headaches and exhaustion are so hard to deal with. Been there done that. I feel so much better now. What are you up to today?
        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

I'm in, had a late season Christmas party with my church choir friends. No wine was served, though it was in the past. Now I have to walk the dog then get my gardening article done. Until later, perps!
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Seriously, i'm joining this thing. Tipped out the last of my wine this morning. Gotta get through each night between 5.00-7.30pm.
            One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Check in here if you can Change! Keep paying and well done tipping out the wine!

Comment

Oh gosh, Nurdl - the exhaustion has just been something else. Plus the headaches. No palpitations though. :goodjob: I slept until after 11:00 this morning and I am finally not feeling so overwhelmed with the exhaustion today. Yahoo!
                I know that the side effects will go away. I just need to hang on. I've been doing so much reading lately. Really have been finding some great information. I ordered some workbooks, etc from Women for Sobriety last night. I'm looking forward to getting those. They are workbooks geared to things I have problems with...Communications....New Life Diary, etc. I'm really working the tools this time.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Sun - you sound busy.....but, good busy. :l

Change - great job on pouring out the wine!!!:goodjob: That time of day was always my hard time too. Just hang around here & post & read & post and read. We are here for you!!! :h
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Awesome day, cooked breakfast for my son and myself and we watched some football.
                    Went groceries shopping (this is very new to me after all these years of constant travel and constant eating out) got home and went bicycle riding and came home and cooked dinner for the 2 of us.
                    Now clean up and relax watching the tube and loving life today.
                    Thank you all for all the positive energy.
                    FT
                    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

FT - Sounds like a WONDERFUL day. :l I have been a complete slug again today. But, that's ok. :H Next week is going to be a hectic week - hubby has 4 medical appointments. I'm going to have to try to get to work early & then work late on the days that I don't have to leave to take him. So, I don't mind that I've lazed around today.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

FT - How old is your son? Is it just the two of you? My son is 25 years old now.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi NoraC,
                          My son is 16 and usually when I have been home he has been here with me.
                          FT
                          AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                          As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

That's great that you have been able to work more from home.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, I have been laying around today as well! I have been sleeping a lot in general. I think in addition to the changes my body has been going through with no AL, I'm also experiencing hormonal swings that are adding to my desire to spend hours sleeping and laying around! Honestly, I'm just happy not to be hung over....

FT your day sounds perfect. I am determined to start getting out and exercising tomorrow.
                              Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Hi Belles - hormones will do that FOR SURE!! No hangover is fantastic. :goodjob:
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X