One Step at a Time - January 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunbeam: 100? Sorry you don't feel well...
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Sunbeam that sounds awful. Do you need to go to the doctor?
      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

yep Sun- time for the doctor
        I take a anti anxiety pill every night to sleep and I think I am buildig up a tolerance so I asked my doc for something stronger. She knows of my AL history and didn't want me on anything stronger
        Oh well...I will manage
        Crazy day at work as usual
        My new boss and I had a heart to heart and cleared the air a bit. She micromanages (she doesn't see it that way) and it makes me crazy. But I need my job so I guess I"ll put up and shut up!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama Bear that sounds very frustrating.

You'd think the Dr would understand how important sleep is to you at the moment. I would have thought that would outweigh the potential risks. And being micromanaged is awful - especially when you're not exactly new to the workforce!

Comment

my feelings exactly Glass. I have been doing this for 25 years and know what I am doing. I can order meds on line but they are expensive and I want to trust my doc.

Comment

Mama--maybe ask for similar class of sleeping pill at similar dose?
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

ambien and lunesta do nothing for me
                gonna go make some sleepy time tea!

Comment

Sun - I sure hope you start feeling better. I agree that it sounds like time for a Doctor's appointment.

Our water heater went out today. This is one of the times when I'm happy that we rent. Waiting for the landlord to get here.

I'll check back in later or tomorrow. I'm in a crabby mood. Think I'm going to curl up with my book. I do want to drink. Not because of stress or anything.....just because I want to. It's not even cravings. Oh well - I'm on AB so it's not even an option. Just rambling.
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora I hope your water heater gets fixed soon

I forgot to mention that in the middle of the storms/floods, my toilet decided to die and I walked into the bathroom to find the floor covered in water and rising. Luckily it was only clean water from the cistern but of course all the local plumbers had bigger problems to deal with.

Anyway I finally found one and $300 later it was all fixed. One of the times I was very unhappy that I'm not renting!

Comment

Glass what in the hell is going on with Australia? Holy moly, fires and floods. It's horrible.

Comment

Fly to be honest, I really don't know!

Australia has always been a bit like that. We're used to dealing with extremes of weather, and fires, heatwaves and cyclones go with the territory, but it's been going crazy in the last few years.

I don't want to open a can of worms, but whether or not it's caused by human intervention there's no doubt our climate is changing!

Comment

I couldn't agree more. I can see a difference in my lifetime. There is a pond on what was my parent's property. It would freeze up every winter and I have so many memories of ice skating on it. The whole family, cousins included would meet at night. My dad would set up lanterns on the ice and he'd start a fire just off the side of the pond. We'd roast hot dogs and marshmallows and have a ball. By the time I was around 18 or so the pond stopped freezing up. Now I'd say it's only been frozen hard enough to skate on 3 or 4 times in the past 25 years. And we used to skate on it for weeks every winter when I was a kid.

Comment

Fly that's so interesting.
                            I sometimes wonder if part of the problem these days is that people move around so much that these stories aren't being recorded so there is much less anecdotal evidence of changes to specific locations

Comment

And on a more selfish note....

I hope you guys don't mind, but tomorrow is the day I?ll be starting ?AF to 28 days and beyond..? so I thought I?d run some ideas past you to see what you think.

1. Gratitude not deprivation ? this is about being the healthiest me I can be. My juicer is ready on the bench and I have oodles of fruit and veg ready to juice, including watermelon for a witching hour cocktail of fresh watermelon juice with mineral water. I also have Liver detox pills and lots of vitamins to dose up on so I can feel I?m doing something positive.

2. Sensory compensation - I know there?ll be a gap that needs to be filled. I have a stack of my favourite Cd?s ready next to the player and some lovely scented candles: orange and sandalwood, frangipani and lavender and sage.

3 Keeping busy - I have a stack of library books and my guitar is sitting in prime place waiting to keep my hands out of trouble

4. Dealing with the tantrummy toddler addictive voice. This will be the hardest one ? but by a huge stroke of luck (or fate) my Jason Vale book arrived today so that will give me something to concentrate on and also I have all you lovely people at MWO to talk to.

If anyone has anything to add I'd be most grateful!

Comment

Glass - your plan sounds great. The juicer idea is a really good idea. I went crazy with the sugar which was a bad idea. Made me feel yucky. I want to add that it is a good idea for you to come here & post and stay busy. It helps me to stay connected with everyone. When I get away from posting/reading here, I have more problems. Also, don't hesitate to vent/whine or whatever. If you're struggling or having a bad day - tell us. Let us be there to help you. We want to support you in this. I have been going in the chat room here some nights. Nice to talk to people.
                                Anyway - really happy for you. Looking forward to going on this journey with you. :l
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X