Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year Wishes for Zenstyle's Return--Add yours

Dear Zennie,

I miss you, and can't wait for your return.

Kicking butt there, I would imagine.:H

Love,
    Juja:l:h
    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Zennie girl, what you are doing is brave and wonderful
    Cannot wait to see you back and hear how you are doing.
    Best wishes luvvie xxx
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Here's to the new Zennifer!
      My wishes to you:
      Return healthy, happy and strong in every sense.
      May the sleep fairy visit you each and every night.
      Continue to be the effervescent, kind, hilarious poster you always were with added the wisdom of experience and success in your journey.
      Love to you! xo
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

howaya Zenners !!!

Comment

suppose they get you over the worst of it and prepare you psychologically for the outside world.......

Comment

Hippyman;1436136 wrote: I wonder what they do to you in rehab that helps you stay sober?
            Well gauging by Mollie's shared experience. It's not so much what they do to you as help you do for yourself. In the end of course, it's up to you. I believe and when Zennie returns she can certainly correct me, she needed that 30 day space to rejig her thinking and protect her from herself.

I think for the chronic, heavy drinker 2 days is just a temporary emergency measure. 30 days helps set the stage for long term success.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

Sure it would depend on the rehab centre itself. I believe the compulsion is deep seated with multiple facets and only knowing thyself with the aid of whatever will truly take the compulsion away. I'm not one that believes it is genetic. Just MHO.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

love you zennifer
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

New Year Wishes for you Zenny....

Hoping you're finding the positive every day....PPQP

Comment

Thinking of you Zen! So very happy that you've given yourself this gift! Happy New Year!!

Comment

Zenny looking forward to your return with new wisdom and humour, I'm sure there will be tales to tell. I'm so proud of you :h:h
                      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Zen: you are missed!
                        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Zen - thinking of you all the time. I know you are doing great!!!! :l:l:h
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi, Zen!!

Hope the rehab was just what you needed!! So happy you got to take advantage of a 28 day program.

Hippy, I went to rehab in November of 2011. It was a 28 day program based on the Twelve Steps of AA. I was ready. It was a really great program with great counselors and the support was tremendous. We had AA meetings on or off site every day. It was a time to step back and look at my life and try to learn from the past. I will never regret that time. I also came home and attended AA meetings at least four times a week and even made coffee for the group once or twice a week. That went on for five months or so, until I got a full time job. I did slip --relapse, call it what you want--in late May/early June, but I know now that I chose to do it. I had learned all the lessons I needed at rehab, and should have stayed on the AF path. But had I not gone, I don't think that I would have come back to the AF life in a relatively short time. So I am grateful for that program and everyone I met there. I no longer attend AA, as I honestly find more support here. But it sure helped me when I needed it!

TDN
                            "One day at a time."

Comment

Hurry up and come back, zenny...it feels like you've been gone a month already! :l:l:l
                              And when you do come back, I really really hope you'll come back well.

Comment

Working...
                              X