Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coughing

Hi
    I have read much on the symptoms of alcohol but have not found any information on coughing. However, for the last few winters I have coughed almost incessantly in the mornings.

I have never smoked.

However, this year I did 30 days AF in October and moderated until end December. The cough started in February after a month of drinking more ( but not as much as in previous years).

Does anyone else suffer this or do you think it is totally unrelated to drinking?

After all I do live in a cold damp area of Britain.

PS The pain in my side is back too.

Would be grateful for your thoughts.
    Love Waves
    Enough is enough

coughing

Hi Waves,
    Go to your doctor.
    I had roughly the same simptoms a few years ago (not drink related) and it turned out to be an infection of the outer lining of my lung. I forget how to spell it but "pleurasy????"
    Very painful. It was put down to smoking, as everything is, so I quit.
    I found out later that people used to die of it, in fact, my neighbour's Dad died of it, so be careful.
    "Cold-And-Damp-R-Us" up here in Scotland.
    Your doctor will let you know.

Comment

coughing

Alcohol is really bad for your throat. Got told that by an ENT and a speech path - I have a vocal cord disorder so know all about throats!

That may well be causing irritation...but then again...

Love Cashy
      "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

coughing

alcohol can lower your immune system big time.why----because it robs the body of the nutrients it needs.everyone has a different metabolism so drinking affects some people more than others.personally i had pneumonia because of bad diet and drinking too much.eventually other parts of the body start to lose their ability to function properly.a bad cough can be a signal of many things,i recently had a full physical which included a pulmonary test.for those of you that havent had that test done it measures the capacity of your lungs and respiratory system.mine was on the low side but i was told by my doctor it was not serious but i should get more exercise and have a better diet.respiratory systems are not to be disregarded, sometimes they point to other underlying problems.
        not a doctor but that was my experience.also i'm not out to scare anyone but health is really all we have and if that goes then we can be badly hooped.
        take care

Comment

Working...
        X