X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chat.

Hello friends,
    My thoughts.

I'd like to go to Chat sometimes, but I'm not very quick-witted, and I think I would get lost there.
    I went once when there was only one person on, and, even though I enjoyed it, I was still a bit uncomfortable.
    My typing skills are minimal, and I know that I wouldn't be able to keep up.
    After the events of yesterday, I'm even more scared to go.

To me, this is Chat.

Your thoughts please.....

Chat.

Hi popeye, I've never chatted either, dont know haw to, and i seem to be logged on when everyone else is asleep! I dont think you have to be quick witted, I'd have trouble with that one. This is chat. B

Comment

Chat.

what went on yesterday?

Comment

Chat.

Pops,

You? Not quick-witted?
        I don't think!

In my experience, the best times ever to be had on chat are:
        Either
        1) Lots of people on at once, having a a conversation that varies from the ridiculous to the serious, and many conversations at once, or

2) Two people having a great catch up one on one.

It's truly best if you go in expecting a lighthearted exchange - then you are not disappointed.

I have had times where the conversation has been truly flippant, and others where it has been truly heartwarming. It's often both...

And no one cares about typos. Just that you're there.

So jump in!

Lots of love

Gem x x x
        Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

Chat.

Popeye,
          Come on in....you can't learn til you try. You will increase in speed with time. As for yesterday, that is not the norm....most of the time we all love each other and get along great.

Comment

Chat.

Bella...you come in to

Comment

Chat.

Ok but when do people 'chat'? everytime ive gone into it there is nobody there.

Comment

Chat.

I have to agree with Popeye on this one...

Tried chat twice, the first time there were 4 people in there, I was warmly welcomed, don't get me wrong, but by the time I had typed a few words back the subject had changed... for me it was like being in the middle of a group of people and trying to hold several converastions at once, very confusing....

The second experience, there were only two people there having a long conversation, again I was made very welcome but didn't join in as I couldn't get a handle on the conversation....

I'm not saying chat is a bad thing, for some it can be very helpful, but, its not for me....
                A F F L..
                Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Chat.

LOVE the avatar irish!!!

Comment

Chat.

I think it depends on what you are comfortable with - i've been using chat on the net for about 15 years - and old IRC (internet relay chat) addict!

So for me it's no issue...but things have changed so much now.

It is really easy to have misinterpretations etc on instant chat - it's really important to use "facial expressions" like They used to just be brackets and such but could express more with them!! 8-) :P - glasses, winking and feeling stupid!! Whoop a winking emoticon is now available - I prefer the old ones myself... 8-)

Have a bash and if it's not for you it's no big deal...

Cheers

Cashy
                    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Chat.

Hiya Popeye,

I dont go in chat very often but when i do it's a real laugh...I am not the fastest with the quips either but some of the people in there are experts...When things are moving to fast i just read for a bit.
                      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Chat.

Popeye
                        I've been getting in there more frequently lately and have had very positive experiences.
                        Don't let one event deter you from trying it. What happened yesterday was not the norm. Hope you try it out.
                        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Chat.

Hi P~

I can barely keep up with some of the posts here...geesh...I'd be 10 topics behind before I'd re-read what I wrote, change it, re-read it again, think about it....re-read it again ~ I think you get the picture~ before I submit it-LOL!

Curiosity will get me there one day-but as a passive participant

see-I even had to edit this post for an oopsie!
                          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Chat.

One day maybe......

Comment

Chat.

Pops and any of you we would LOVE to have you in chat. If you feel you cannot keep up there is a way to "side chat" someone who you might want to have a conversation with where it is just between the two of you. Then you will not feel the pressure of having to type so fast and keep up with the multitude of conversations that can take place. Some of us are "chat regulars" and because of that have gotten quick with typing.

It can be a lot of fun and a good place for support. Please do not feel judged or uncomfortable coming in there.
                              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                              X