Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter to My Lover

Hey Babe,

This is really, really hard. We?ve been together so long I don?t know if I can live without you?or even how. Heard from some of your ex?s. I?m sure you?ll find this as shocking as I did, but apparently many find life much better without you.

But still, there?s just something about you that I find irresistible. I know, I KNOW, we?ve had some bad times. The situation reminds me of a line from Broke Back Mountain??I can?t quit you.? Even when I have the underlying desire to do just that.

You?re a good lover. Big reason I?m in this situation. I LOVE hanging out with you on a warm summer day, or in the winter coming off the ski slopes. I WILL NOT. CANNOT. DENY, WE?VE HAD SOME REALLY FUN TIMES. Sometimes I?ve even been too infatuated with you to even remember.

Problem is; I?m growing up, getting older. And while we?ve been operating the fun machine; life is slipping by. I find myself in pretty much the same place you found me decades ago.

If we just had bursts of craziness here and there, I?d be your girl forever. Problem is that I?ve become dependant on you.. You?re always on my mind. It seems whatever I am going through, even as simple as waking up; I need /want you. . You?re getting between my work, my word, my dreams, and now even my hope.

I know I have always loved you more than you?ve loved me. This is why I am not expecting you to buy into my plan. You want me to play small and not to my potential. How do I know this? First, from people in your past. Then, by taking a step back and analyzing how our relationship has affected me in the big and small pictures that make up my life.

30 Days, Babe. I?ve given you way more time in hung-over, lost days. Show up as a bottle of red wine on Valentine?s Day and we?ll renegotiate. No promises. I just know neither of us are ready to say ?Goodbye Forever? right here, right now.

NP

Letter to My Lover

i broke up with him too next!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Letter to My Lover

I love this Next!! You sure know what you're saying. Thanks for sharing.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Letter to My Lover

Wow Next... That was incredibly powerful.

It has truly helped me now to personify AL...One lady here even named her struggle Larry which I found extremely funny for some reason but motivated me to pick a name too..haven't got one yet.

Thank you for your letter. It's the clearest emotional portrait of this thing I have seen.

:l
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Letter to My Lover

i've been at mwo for years (under a different name) and it amazes me how many of us refer to al as a lover, best friend etc...nice way to put it, next.
          10-06-2012

Comment

Letter to My Lover

WOOOOOOW...that was awesome! I loved reading that. It was...just wow. Well written well done, congrats

Comment

Letter to My Lover

This makes me realise how many of us used alcohol to replace human contact, myself included. The alcohol was reliable, people less so.

Comment

Letter to My Lover

Next, please ...

Yup, totally get this.

Kuya:
                This makes me realise how many of us used alcohol to replace human contact, myself included.
                You hit the nail on the head.

I've often described booze as a lover.... It reminds me of a wee poem i wrote about 6 years ago about drinking:

Monday?s whisky

I don?t want you during the day?
                Then I wish you were not a part of my life,
                You pain me as I wake,
                Try to shake you from my being?
                But come evening,
                I desire you,
                Search you out
                And lap you up.

You allow me to think that which I ought not to,
                Speak likewise,
                Write akin to those spoken words.

Imbue in me another reality,
                An addictive love,
                Warmth,
                That I, in these adulterated nights,
                Enjoy.

I excuse your being in me,
                So as you can be in me,
                For this night.
                Yet another night.

You are my lover,
                When I have no lover to be with.
                You are my company,
                When there is none.
                You alleviate the solitude of loneliness.
                A daily few hours of company
                That defies the meaning of company.

Yet forever wishing I could live without you.
                An attribute I wish I did not live with.
                An attribute I wish did not become me.
                Yet we are private lovers,
                And no one need know.
                No one does.

Our demonic love,
                Dear whisky.

Comment

Letter to My Lover

Perfect....

FT
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Letter to My Lover

RunningCourage;1441498 wrote: Next, please ...

Yup, totally get this.

Kuya: You hit the nail on the head.

I've often described booze as a lover.... It reminds me of a wee poem i wrote about 6 years ago about drinking:

Our demonic love,
                    Dear whisky.
                    [/I]
                    Something just struck me about this alcohol as a lover thing....... When we are drinking alone we are having, or trying to have, a relationship with a mirror.

There is no interaction, the mirror, the booze just reflects back our own distorted image of ourselves.

That is why we need other people, to iron out the distortions created by our damaged egos.

Comment

Letter to My Lover

I felt like alcohol was my best friend/lover for a long time, and now I realize that is really part of the problem. No doubt it is a great letter, and entertaining to read, but it isn't healthy. And the longer you look at your relationship with alcohol or any inanimate object or action for that matter the longer you will react to feelings like it is a person you are giving up.

You aren't giving up a loved one, you aren't giving up a friend or an old family member......you are deciding not to pour poison down your throat period. Don't give alcohol anymore power than it already has by giving it life. It is just a bottle of liquid that makes you stupid and you waste money on it, and it ruins your relationships with REAL people.

Comment

Letter to My Lover

It's the loss of a significant relationship and the same grieving process applies, IMHO. B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Letter to My Lover

Byrdlady;1441652 wrote: It's the loss of a significant relationship and the same grieving process applies, IMHO. B
                          Do you have a relationship with milk, orange Juice or bananas? You have relationships with people, not beverages. It's a bad habit not a relationship, IMHO.

Comment

Letter to My Lover

Love this NP. I have likened the AL addiction to a relationship addiction or toxic relationship on this board many times. I find the same fight in my head with AL that I have had trying to get free of an abusive toxic relationship. This letter puts it down in writing so well.

Check out the link as the similarity is almost identical. The two opposing forces in the mind, the no contact concept, the fight to free yourself from harm and the reasons behind the use of AL.

No-Contact Help: How To Fight The Urge To Contact Your Ex

Thank you for this precise letter. I've posted it for today's encouragement.

Love,

Slay
                            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Letter to My Lover

Supercrew;1441676 wrote: Do you have a relationship with milk, orange Juice or bananas? You have relationships with people, not beverages. It's a bad habit not a relationship, IMHO.
                              Similarities in our opposing forces that keep us in bondage to something that is very unhealthy for us, but I agree that parting from a relationship with a human being that you have been in love with is much more devastating. However, we can be addicted to both AL and the relationship that is harmful to us and not want to let it go. The process of letting go and freeing yourself and the fight within the mind is so very very similar. Excuses and denial are both processes we use to continue on with the harmful person or substance.

I'm fighting them both right now or should I say I'm working to SLAY them both right now. Reason should win, not lies.

Slay
                              Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Working...
                              X