Army Thread Friday 11th January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

satz123;1442281 wrote: Need advice Army. I was AF for 6 months with 2 small breaks and bounced back.
    I did not miss it AT ALL ! Seriously not a bit.
    I KNOW if it was a normal Christmas I would have gotten through - but holidays are too intense for me and out of my comfort zone.
    But when I go on hols I love cold beer or 2 at lunchtime, evening time and wine with dinner. Then I'm done. While the rest of them drank late into the night - shots and all ! Not once was I drunk or falling down.
    My DD decided to confront me and said it was problem drinking to want a drink at lunchtime.
    WHAT is normal drinking ? Go all day then at a certain time in the evening it's ok to get blathered ?
    Now she is a cow sometimes when SHE has a few wines too many - picks on us all about various things - our weak spots sort of thing but ...... is she right ?
    Now I KNOW I had a problem when I was drinking every day - small amounts too but EVERY DAY. I knocked that on the head & then kept going and did not drink at all.
    Mr Satz said I was in a boring routine 'cos I wouldn't go to pub. It's ok to drink and get pissed but only when he is drinking and in the pub.
    What do you think Army ? Is my sitting with my family late one night after playing cards in Oz gettting told I have a problem 'cos I have a different drinking pattern to them - my rock bottom ??
    Mr Satz joining in - the traitor - telling about 'bottlegate' last May! And saying in next breath he didn't realise I had a problem
    HIS idea of the problem was that I drank at home and wouldn't go to the pub to get pissed with him.
    I'd love your advice. Do I need to draw a line now and stop completely ? 'Cos if I do I know it will be a huge change in our marriage - 'cos I won't be going to the same places any more where drink is the focal point - and he is already complaining I am in a 'rut' 'cos I don't mix in boozy pub circle any more - but I needed that to stay sober last 6 months
    Am I an alcoholic ? There I've said it ? :upset:
    Answers on a postcard please
    Oh Satz it all sounds so hard.

You were happy NOT drinking. Do this for you not for any one else. Stay close cos we love you:l

Comment

JackieClaire;1442279 wrote: I hope no-ones hurt but shove over and let me see. Yer head's in the way.
      Been out for a smoke and jelly flopter hovered overhead !!

They'll be feckin infra redding me thinking I'm a ram raider in hiding !!! I'm waiting for the screech of tyres at the front:H

I hope no ones hurt too - they made a right mess of one of the staff last time and shot a Good Samaritan !!! It's awful :upset:
      Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Sorry JC cross post.

Where is my cuppa?

Comment

xpost Questie too!

Comment

Hiya mrs a

Comment

limers;1442282 wrote: hello all, still feeling like a limp of friggin shyte!!!!! So im going to chillax in front of the box and hopefully tomorrow I will be over the worst of it. Good neews is that I got the gig , the interview I went for on mon , they rang today offering me the position. So im happy about that , happy friday evening everyone x
              I'm still thinking Satz, but I had to give Limers a few :yay::yay::yay:
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

limers;1442282 wrote: hello all, still feeling like a limp of friggin shyte!!!!! So im going to chillax in front of the box and hopefully tomorrow I will be over the worst of it. Good neews is that I got the gig , the interview I went for on mon , they rang today offering me the position. So im happy about that , happy friday evening everyone x
                Howya Limers & Questerooney ?
                How you 2 been getting on ?
                Pain in the arse when you drink and then regret it ?
                I've had 3 weeks of it !:upset:
                Had a press full of alcohol for 6 months and never touched it or even wanted it.
                Put me in Dublin airport and it's away I go for 3 weeks - Jazus !

Comment

anon;1442290 wrote: Sorry JC cross post.

Where is my cuppa?
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1442293 wrote: I'm still thinking Satz, but I had to give Limers a few :yay::yay::yay:
                    Thanks Jackser - :h

Comment

Do you know Satz, what I'm really thinking is I want to poke me fingers up Mr Satz nose and drag him round the floor for a bit.

He can't have it both ways is the simple answer.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

satz123;1442294 wrote: Howya Limers & Questerooney ?
                        How you 2 been getting on ?
                        Pain in the arse when you drink and then regret it ?
                        I've had 3 weeks of it !:upset:
                        Had a press full of alcohol for 6 months and never touched it or even wanted it.
                        Put me in Dublin airport and it's away I go for 3 weeks - Jazus !
                        I think you should put the drinking on holiday behind you - every day is a new day :l

With regards to your hubby - that's a hard one

You are a very strong and wise woman - the decisions are yours to make.

Told you I was shite at advice !!!

Comment

JackieClaire;1442299 wrote: Do you know Satz, what I'm really thinking is I want to poke me fingers up Mr Satz nose and drag him round the floor for a bit.

Now I like that !!

Well said Jacs :l

Comment

JackieClaire;1442299 wrote: Do you know Satz, what I'm really thinking is I want to poke me fingers up Mr Satz nose and drag him round the floor for a bit.

:H LOL best laugh I've had for days :h thanks Jackser

Comment

Satz, just read your post. I think you need to forget who thinkswhat and make this decision based on how You feel about Your drinking.

I know ive only cobbled together 11 days but its not about that, if I was doing this for my son/ daughter/ partner/ dog/ cat I would have no chance of success and I have done that. I have tole my son / daughter/ partner so I will have some accountability and then getting frustrated with them if they decide to try and stop me cos I was all like ' who the hell are they to try and control me' !!! It didnt work ever, and theyd be like' jeeze, she freakin nuts!!She said she wanted this'.

My point is think about your reasons for you wanting to do this.

Comment

satz123;1442302 wrote: :H LOL best laugh I've had for days :h thanks Jackser
                                Me too satzerooney :H

Aside from that did yer have a good hollier ? Or is 3 weeks too long ?

Comment

Working...
                                X