Picked A Quit Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked A Quit Date

Went to the Doctors and we planned my quitting alcohol. Starting Tuesday I will quit and he put me on lorazapam to ease withdrawal. Really looking forward to it. Want my life back. He also wants me to see a shrink for aftercare. Not to thrilled about that. I'm a really private person and have trouble opening up to people I don't know. Also need to chill about all my fears of quitting.

Picked A Quit Date

good job iknowicandoit,im glad you have the support from your doc,keep us posted
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Picked A Quit Date

Excellent CanDo! Sorry I don't always comment. You've been on a progressive march forward....keep stepping out of your comfort zone...baby steps....you'll feel so much better, healthier and stronger which of course leads to bigger steps.
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Picked A Quit Date

Great job! I am glad you have the help of a doctor...that was the only way I was able to finally quit. I tried too many times to do it alone. Just be careful to not overdo the drinking in anticipation of your quit date...stick close to us, we can help!

K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Picked A Quit Date

Really scared about the meds though. Also afraid of failing. Been stressed all day. Can't wait to start though. Should be an adventure I won't forget. Have an old friend who is a nurse and she is part of my support network. Says call her anytime.

Comment

Picked A Quit Date

Hi I know,
            I've done a valium (diazepam) detox more times than I'd like to admit and it does work. I was absolutely wiped out for the first couple of days. I think I could have won a gold medal for sleeping that first 2 days.

Just make sure that you have plenty of water at hand, get plenty of rest and basically treat yourself like you've got flu. Treat yourself kindly, it will pass and try not to think about failing. You'll be grand.

Give me a PM if you need to.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Picked A Quit Date

iknowicandoit;1442135 wrote: Went to the Doctors and we planned my quitting alcohol. Starting Tuesday I will quit and he put me on lorazapam to ease withdrawal. Really looking forward to it. Want my life back. He also wants me to see a shrink for aftercare. Not to thrilled about that. I'm a really private person and have trouble opening up to people I don't know. Also need to chill about all my fears of quitting.
              This person you are going to see has heard far worse than anything you have to disclose.

And remember you open up to people you don't know all the time...... Here on MWO.....and look how much it has helped you!

Courage, my dear, it will be fine

Comment

Picked A Quit Date

iknowicandoit;1442135 wrote: Went to the Doctors and we planned my quitting alcohol. Starting Tuesday I will quit and he put me on lorazapam to ease withdrawal. Really looking forward to it. Want my life back. He also wants me to see a shrink for aftercare. Not to thrilled about that. I'm a really private person and have trouble opening up to people I don't know. Also need to chill about all my fears of quitting.
                Once you make the decision you take the steps and the days start adding up. Sobriety is waiting for you!
                Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Picked A Quit Date

Good luck, Candoit. So good to have support from the doctor. Xx
                  AF since 2nd Oct 2012
                  Day by day

Comment

Picked A Quit Date

Don't be afraid of the Doc. He/She should be there to support you and help you work through your issues surrounding your use of alcohol. If you feel that the doc does not support you in your sobriety then consider finding another one. I know mine was UBER supportive and almost GIDDY with excitement for my success. Another cool thing with shrinks is that they have an uncanny way of seeing internal strengths so even if you are only seeing/feeling down in the dumps, the doc can pick up on the good and your strengths, and your internal struggles. Going to the shrink and incorporating the holistic approach of MWO is a comprehensive way of battling a drinking problem. Take it one day at a time. Keep in touch with us here; anything you wish to discuss here is welcome, even if it seems stupid or negative etc. As your name aptly says: You Can Do It!
                    :earth: Tree23

Comment

Picked A Quit Date

Thanks everyone for your positive support and comments. An AF life is what I want. No more stressing about running out to the liquier store, or worrying about running out and best of all getting my life back on my terms. It will be great to never have to think about alcohol again. Been reading up on the meds and what to expect. Plus I'll have mponey I'm not spending on a bad habit. Quitting smoking is next.

Comment

Picked A Quit Date

Good luck, Icandoit!
                        "One day at a time."

Comment

Picked A Quit Date

Doo-doo is wrong. Meds can help if you use them as a tool to help your on your road to sobriety. I use antabuse. It wrks for me.
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                          X