Strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange

I find our addictions to be a tad strange.
    Mind you, I am unsure if anyone else is like this but I was just thinking of this as I lay in bed with a huge hangover (lucky me, don't worry - I am determined to make day 1).
    I have an apartment full of booze.
    But...
    If it is not wine I simply do not care.
    There is Vodka. Rum. Beer. Amaretto. Baileys.
    And it doesn't bother me one bit.
    Wine is my vice. And if its here I WILL try to drink it.

Anyone else like that?

Strange

hi bri,im a beer girl cant do hard liquor,certainly hate wine but beer is my downfall,i guess im a selective alcoholic too
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Strange

Hmmm.... yes and no.

If there was NOTHING but, for example, rum or baileys or brandy - i.e. something i rarely drank or did not particularly like - then I would drink it. But if there was vats of rum and brandy alongside wine or beer, then I wouldn't think twice about touching them spirits.

Wine and beer were my go-to vices. Wine and beer still have the power to speak to me, lure me in. The others don't really.

I live in an apartment that is sometimes choked with booze... so i know it aint easy...

Comment

Strange

Towards the end of my drinking I would have drank almost anything that had alcohol in it!
        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Strange

I would have consumed 3 year old leftover paint varnish if I thought it would continue my buzz. You are not alone in that fact, or the fact that you are having problems controlling AL

Keep charging full ahead at it......it will work out. You'll get a few hours....minutes...days...pretty soon ol AL will be sittin downtown on a one way trip to nowhereville!!

Hang in there my friend
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Strange

So true.
            Because I remember when I was trying to get sober the first time and was 20 some odd days in and I thought of mouth wash or cough medicine. Sad.
            But there is a fun of booze here and no wine and I still feel like I NEED to get wine before the store closes. It is crazy.

Comment

Strange

It takes changing your thoughts and you do have the power to do that!
              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Strange

Me, I'm a beer girl. Though once I start sometimes go onto other stuff, but can live without it.

Comment

Strange

I only drank Rimplemintz. I would never even touch anything else. Ever since I got sober we have had bottles of hard liquor in the house and at work. I don't even think twice about it. One girl at work did bring in a huge bottle of Rumplemintz to work and kept it in the freezer, about 6 months ago I asked her to take it home, it was getting to hard to see it everyday. I do use regular mouthwash even though the experts say alcoholics should not. I have no desire to drink it and my dentist said it is the best thing for your teeth and gums after brushing. So I guess I am a selective alcoholic.
                  AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Strange

Hi Bri,

I used to be a wine gal, but by the time I quit anything would do.

These days AL very rarely pops into my head for a battle, but it stil does. I haven't lost yet and hope never to do so.

It's funny, the other day my partner joked that the tooheys old beer which has been in the fridge since his Dad visited last November was safe, as no-one but his Dad would bother because it's such an awful beer. I laughed!!! I said, "honey, I would have drank six gallons of frothing alcoholic poison, through a smelly dead man's sock if it was on offer!!!" In the end ANYTHING would have been ok.

It was tough knowing that the bottle shop was about to close if I was trying to have an AF day. It would do my head in to know I had no booze at all anywhere...... I liked to have at least a bottle of cheap sherry in the cupboard just in case!

Thank the Universe I don't have to fight that battle anymore.

Don't be so tough on yourself. I think that adds to the pressure of what you are hoping/dreaming to achieve.

One day at a time lovely girl. XO
                    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                    Mother Theresa

Comment

Working...
                    X