Have I lost my mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I lost my mind?

I found MWO thank God by luck while looking up possible side affects of Campral. Wanted to start right away. Started after my last bad drunk. LOOOONG story short. My husband is at his wits end we fight all the time. Of course it's all my fault because of the problem I brought into our house. (my drinking) He feels he should not have to get any kind of help I.E. Alanon this site etc. because he is not the on with the problem. He says ALL our problems are b/c of my drinking which I am sure most of them are but I am also sure I drank because of some of our problems. Anyway, I am ready to leave and get a fresh start but can't and know that is not the best thing. Plus he will take my kids. He has lost all faith in me and I don't know what to tell him. And what I think is SO CRAZY is after all this I still don't want to go abs. I haven't had a drink since I have started, only a couple of days but I still want mods to be my goal if possible. If I tell him that he'll probably leave me on the spot. I don't know if he'll allow me to ever have another drink and that also makes me want to go. I am sick aren't I?
    P.S. Is this where I post this kind of thread?
    Twins :upset:
    One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Have I lost my mind?

No, your not sick, your scared; I think anyone one in your situation would be. You can't live for your husband you have to live for you. You have done well with the 2 AF days. I can't imagine doing this without a supportive partner. Would marriage counseling be an idea?
    I care
    Mary

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

Twins this is the right place to post. Anywhere is the right place around here. I agree with Mary, you are not sick, just scared. You are in a really tough situation. An unsupportive husband who threatens to take your children. I would be at my wits end as well. You are doing such a great job. Keep it up, gain your strength then you will have all those sober days under your belt and he won't be able to use any of the "drunk stories" to his benefit.
      Take Care.....
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

Simey is right, you are not sick, you are scared. I really wish there is a way you can convince your husband that he MUST contribute something to help you with this addiction. I am sure it is very difficult for him to understand if he is not addicted himself, but he needs to get educated on it. It sounds as if all he wants to do is punish you for your drinking instead of trying to help you find your way out of it. Maybe you could put your foot down and say counseling has to happen or something like that. I am sure he has a lot to express if you can just get him to open up and not be so angry.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

Thanks Mary. We actually just finished that fight. He said he would go, he's said that before. We'll see. Then again I have said I would stop drinking before. Guess what goes around comes around. Having a tough day and want a drink. Was not expecting that with the meds and supps any suggestions?
          One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

The meds and the supps will help if you put your mind to it, but if you are determined to drink over them you can. It really comes down to changing the mindset. Do you also have the CDs? They really made a difference for me in how I view alcohol. Not sure how they worked but they did......

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

That's it!!! I could never put my finger on it! Punish me instead of help. He can't get past the anger! Don't know if I could either though.

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

I do have the cd's will keep working them thanks.

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

Hi beaches good to see you again thanks as always for your support

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

Twins, what supps are you taking? When my cravings get really bad I take extra L-glutamine. It works. Punishing you won't get either of you anywhere. You'll feel quilty and want to drink and He has more ammunition. Vicious circle
                    Mary

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

I have listened to the clearing. (I think... I fell asleep though) the subliminal and the sleep learning. Haven't had a chance to listen to hypnotic. Will that make a bigger difference?

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

Mary
                        I am taking the list in the book but don't have Kudzu yet. taking L-glutamine instead. 500mg 3x daily. Is more ok?
                        Your right and I have tried to tell him but I am a terrible communicator and he is a terrible listener. Match made in heaven huh?
                        JoAnn

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

JoAnne, why do I feel like your my daughters age( 28) I just want to reach out and protect you. I take 1500 L-glut 3x's a day so far no ill effects. Go for blood work wed. will keep everyone abreast. Anyone else take that much l-glut
                          Mary

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

Myabe I am (age 32) wink wink. I think I'll go have another L-glut. Although the ice cream sand I just had helped. Not good but definately the lesser of my evils. :-)

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

The kudzu is a HUGE help. And the hypnotic CD is important to listen to as well. I take 1-2 tsp of the l-glut powder so I do not know how much that is, but I think what you all are taking is fine.....

Comment

Working...
                              X