Have I lost my mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I lost my mind?

Ok twins, I'll be your big sister instead of Mom. I'm 45. I know, I'm an after school special about teen pregnancy. have you ever had your blood sugar levels tested? the fact that the ice cream took the edge off could have something to do with it. Alcohol is converted to sugar. Take care of yourself.
    Mary

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

I am also taking the Kudzu and L-Glut. I take 3 caps a day which is 1500mg. Big help! I am starting the CD's tonight and will start with the hypnotic one.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

I have the Kudzu on order and will do the Hypnotic cd tonight. will let you know Beaches.
        Mary, glad I have that b/c once my Topa gets higher I don't know if I'll be able to type Simeybear :-) you crack me up. You can be my big sister but you have to be my 2nd big sister cause you are younger than mine. No wait... that's my brother...guess the topa is working after all. Haven't seen an after school special in years do they still make those? No haven't had my sugar checked unless they do it in reg blood work. I'll check into it.
        I have a hot thread! cool. How'd that happen?
        JoAnn
        One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

because Your Hot!! And we care

Laughs
          mary

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

Hi Twins~

It is suggested to be AF for at least 30 days before making the decision to go the mods way. So see how you do 30 days. We're behind you all the way. I guarantee hubby will notice the change & treat you differently. My hubby used to throw things in my face b/c of my drinking but now I'm proving him wrong. HA-in his face now-LOL!
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

Oh- forgot-

WELCOME!

GLAD YOU FOUND US!
              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

Twins, hang in there...this too shall pass. You can safely take a TON of L-Glutamine. Studies I've read show you may need to take 12-15 grams (not mg) per day to get the desired calming effect for substance cravings. One rounded teaspoon is approx 5grams. I get mine in a big bulk container on ebay and then spoon it into fruit juice because it's yucky on it's own. The others are right, try to go AF for 30 days and then see how you feel...I know one thing for sure....you'll feel really damn good and proud of yourself and in a better position to make the most important decisions of your life (those to do with your personal health). Whatever you choose we'll help the best we can
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

Thanks for this D - good to know !! - Glad your're feeling so good.
                  Just filled in my drink tracker and noticed how well you are doing -2 days on me!

Love
                  S

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

right on Serenity! the race is on!

oh, and you may NOT need that much L-glut but some do....I tend to forget mine altogether some days d-oh!
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

Joann, the hypnotic CD in my opinion is the best one of all! Do that one as soon as you possibly can. I've been doing that one almost daily, and it is working in changing the way I perceive alcohol in my life.

Your rationale/realisation about your husband sounds right from where I sit.

I also, totally agree with the others about him, needing to support you in this, to some degree or another. Does he want the relationship to work? If he can see that you are making a concerted effort, surely that should be encouragement for him and that he should support you.

Do this for you and your kids and hang in there... you'll get a lot of love (in a cyber kind of way ) and support here!

And Congratulations on your progress so far!

Doo
                      :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

You all are soo wonderful! Thank God for all of you. I was feeling really crappy about things today and I feel great come days end. The ol' man has been sleeping in the office/spare room where the computer is, his back is killing him after shoveling all the snow and he took Tylenol PM, I got mad when I thought I was not going to be able to check back in. But he fell asleep in our room. Only thing is...now I have to sleep on the crappy mattress. :H
                        Anyway, wanted to thank you all for your advice help and encouragement. It means the world to me and I think it is as important as the other aspects of this program this is not something to take on by yourself. WHICH I KEEP TRYING TO TELL MY HUSBAND!!!
                        And I can tell you this is a hell of a lot more fun than AA.
                        It is wonderful to meet you Seabreeze, D, & Doo.
                        One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

I will try it tonight thanks Doo.
                          PS I'm not sure what he wants anymore but we'll see when I have more AF days and am stronger. At this poit unfortunately I only care about my kids been that way for a while and I don't know what's left for him and I.

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

Thanks Determinator! and nice to meet ya

Comment

Have I lost my mind?

Seabreeze I am so glad to hear that it is possible to prove them wrong. Can't wait for my turn to say nah nah nah nah nah! That in itself is motivation to be AF

Comment

Working...
                              X