Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Wednesday 16th January 2013

Goooooooooooooood morning, folksies

I had an early start - we're doing work with a company based in Australia, so it's a bit difficult to coordinate meetings across time zones (9 hours difference). That's done and dusted now, though.

The eldest cub is also back to school today, but he's an old hand now, so no stress there. He only has to be there by 9.00 in any event. THanks for all your good wishes for the Cubette yesterday. She had a lot of fun, but she was exhausted by it - had a 3-hour nanna nap after the 1st day They're being introduced to the rest of the school at assembly this morning, and the induction will continue for the rest of the week. I like the fact that it's a small school - they're only 600 learners across 5 grades, so they really get to know one another. Even the headmaster knows them all by name.

Anyhoo... a busy rest-of-day looms. I hope you'll have a lekker Hump Day (except Pingu).
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Tippers - good to hear your cubette had a fine, sound first day. Yes,first days in the work place can be extremely tiring so I'm sure her nap was well deserved.

Right, I'm debating whether to go for a wee run or not. Haven't been this week due to pulling (I think) a muscle (I think) in my back. Or something I've done at least. Not as bad as it was on Monday and didn't run yesterday due to it. Just don;t want to find myself 2 miles from home having to walk back! I'll prolly go anyway and see how it feels.

Morning to the rest of youse in snoozerville.

Comment

Morning Tips, RC and all to come,

Quick shout in as running late for work.

Hope everyone has a lovely day xo

Comment

Mornin early risers how are you all...Rabsy yep went for a wee walk yesterday..on me sore leg...well it would have been sorer without it :H:H held out but still not brill..take it easy mate...2 miles back in a taxi is a lotta dosh!!!

Big hi to everyone else still in zedland
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all

it's fecking brassic out there today

might go for a new shiny if I can brave the cold outside...
          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Morning troopsters - it's coooooooooollllddddd out there !!!!!!!!

Got into work to find that one of the lads had taken a tumble on the icy car park - I can sense a claim coming on ............

Went past a bad crash on the motorway this morning - made me feel grateful for being safe, and driving into work SOBER - tis a blessing

Happy humpday to everyone - bacinabit
            Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

pingu1997;1444754 wrote: morning all

it's fecking brassic out there today

might go for a new shiny if I can brave the cold outside...
              Morning pings, what's a shiny ??
              Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Quest for the key;1444759 wrote: Morning pings, what's a shiny ??
                it's my addiction LOL

getting stabbed in unusual places.....
                I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Good morning Tipperoooo, Runners, Mick, Sweetpea, Pinguuuuuuuuuuu, Questy,

Delighted that the cubette had a good first day, Tippers.

Yep, winter is defo here. I'z freezing. So pleased it house work day today. Not going over the doors for anyone or anything.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hahaha Mick! Run done... Back still in one piece...

Having a slow morning as I worked 12 hours yesterday, so deserve and extra hour bimbling about on the compooper... Off to see a new room / flat this arvo. Likely moving out of here end of March.

Comment

Marnin JC :hiya:

Comment

What a fab word............bimbling. I tend to pootle.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Bimbling is a grand word. I must thank Mick for reminding me of such a word. It's sorta like a skinny man's version of bumbling methinks.

Pootle's good as well. Quite dog-esque.
                          "The puppy pootled from puddle to puddle and pootled all over the puddock,
                          but when the pup pootled from carpet to carpet, he pootled a whole load of muck!"

:H :H

Comment

RunningCourage;1444776 wrote: Bimbling is a grand word. I must thank Mick for reminding me of such a word. It's sorta like a skinny man's version of bumbling methinks.

Pootle's good as well. Quite dog-esque.
                            "The puppy pootled from puddle to puddle and pootled all over the puddock,
                            but when the pup pootled from carpet to carpet, he pootled a whole load of muck!"

:H :H
                            :H:H I Just love that.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning.

Thank gawd for warm clothes and scarves and balaclavas. It was positively spooky this morning on my walk in the dark with the swirling fog reflecting the light of my torch. Kept thinking I was seeing ghosts and things.

And it was a bugger driving to the supermarket. As fast as I got out of the car and sprayed the deicer, the blooming windscreen froze up again. :upset:

Oh...and I tend to potter, but pootling and bimbling both sound fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X