Day Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Four

Day four going well. Took my Lorazapam before going to bed and got a wrong number in the middle of the night that woke us up. Took a while to go back to sleep so I feel a little groggy. I check in with my doctor twice a day( thank god he let me do this at home) and he sent me a nice note this morning telling me I am doing better than expected and that's a good sign. Day 7-10 they wean you of the Lorazapam and try to return you to normal. Still no urges ( I'm so afraid of that and withdrawal symptoms) but try to put both out of my mind. Good luck to everyone.

Day Four

CanDo,

Good job so far!!

Weaning off the Lorazepam will be a breeze for you at this point. You haven't taken it long enough to get addicted to it.

Your withdrawal symptoms should be about gone. Mine always are by day 4 and 5. I am speaking of the short term ones: DTs, hallucinations, shakes, sweats.

Might I suggest that you ask the doctor for a sleep aid to get you through the next few weeks? When I was last in rehab for 8 weeks, it wasn't until about the 5th week that I started sleeping well on my own. I am NOT suggesting Ambien or Lunesta. My rehab had quite a few people there that were actually addicted to those.

My doctor has given me Trazadone and I am currently using Seroquel 25 mg.

Sleep is important for us who are trying to be newly sober.

AA talks about HALT (Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired). The lack of sleep makes us very weak and vulnerable when those alcoholic thoughts start to appear.

Just a thought. You can choose to ask or not but if you do find yourself unable to sleep, you might give your doctor a call.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Day Four

Cando,

Sounds like you're doing great! Keep up the good work!!!

Comment

Day Four

Congratulations on day 4!! You are doing awesome and you have such a great attitude. Your sleeping will improve over time...be patient, we didn't get where we are overnight so we can't expect our bodies to heal immediately. Keep taking care of yourself...you're doing great!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day Four

You are doing great. The best is yet to come. Welcome to the world of sobriety!
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Day Four

Great. Keep it going !
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Day Four

Fantastic...

FT
              AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
              As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Day Four

Thank you. All the positive energy helps.

Comment

Day Four

Bit more positive energy coming your way, I know. Not long now and you'll be feeling great. I know when I did my de-tox it was around day 5/6 I started to feel like a human being again.

Lovely to read your progress, hun.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Day Four

you are doing great,i love how you are taking this seriously,you really want it
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Day Four

So happy that you are doing so well!! And thanks so much for keeping us updated!
                      "One day at a time."

Comment

Day Four

That was the problem the last time .even though I quit for 2 years, I didn't take it serious. I Guess I learned from my mistake. So this time I'm going to. Had a real hard day in business today and didn't think once about drinking. Came home and made chicken cutlet with rice and stewed tomatoes. I learned the lst time if I keep busy I don't think about drinking. Thanks for all your kind words.

Comment

Day Four

Great job!
                          I KNOW you can do it too!!!
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day Four

I really want my life back. I had it back for two years and blew it for two years. I guess it's true life is a cycle. Thanks for all your support.

Comment

Day Four

Yay Cando! :goodjob:
                              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
                              X