Day Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Four

I'm on day four myself. Sounds like you're doing amazing! I keep thinking how I'll feel at the end of each day I conquer and it makes it easier to get through the tough parts.
    ?Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.?- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Day Four

Love and conviction for you !!:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::l
      A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Day Four

iknowicandoit;1446501 wrote: I really want my life back. I had it back for two years and blew it for two years. I guess it's true life is a cycle. Thanks for all your support.
        I hesitate to ask but, during your two years sober were you happy sober or hanging on sober. And when you had your first alcohol were you worried or was it a gradual slide?

Comment

Day Four

Kuya, It was happy sober. Felt so good about everything. My life,my music my marriage my son . I accomplished a lot in those two years. Wrote thirty tunes and recorded three CD's. People told me I looked great. I was playing better than ever.
          I went to the YMCA every day and worked out. Increased my business. Life was great. Didn't have a drink for a little over two years. .Then I started having two glasses of wine in the evening once in a while , then every night. It was a gradual increase over two years. I was never drunk but could see where I was headed last week and decided to kill the wine before it killed me. Called my doctor( which surprised him I'm sure) and he let me detox at home. I was no where near as bad as the first time but could see it in the future and just had to do something. Typical story I guess. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Day Four

iknowicandoit;1446447 wrote: That was the problem the last time .even though I quit for 2 years, I didn't take it serious. I Guess I learned from my mistake. So this time I'm going to. Had a real hard day in business today and didn't think once about drinking. Came home and made chicken cutlet with rice and stewed tomatoes. I learned the lst time if I keep busy I don't think about drinking. Thanks for all your kind words.
            :goodjob: For a while it really helped me to have a list of "Need to do" stuff so if I found myself starting to get bored I would see what was next on my list. At first it was simple things like "Clean out closet" or "wash clothes". As the months are adding up my mind is busy with bigger things. What kinda life to I want to create? What really makes me happy etc. As Joseph Campbell used to say "Follow your Bliss" and to me my Bliss isn't anywhere near alcohol!!!
            Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Working...
            X